Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quite a lot of heads down, bums up, look how fast I can go types out today. Very annoying when they seem think tear arseing along a shared path is fine though.

We get that too, although it's remarkable how the numbers go down the further you get from the nearest towns.

I have been known to ride in the middle of the cycleway and go strangely deaf in these circumstances...

I actually don`t mind this.... the ones I don`t like are those who crawl along in the middle of the path wearing headphones and obviously unaware or ignoring other riders coming from behind!

I tend to take the attitude that "Shared use path" means what it says: If I want to go fast there are other places, or I can just wait a bit and accelerate when it's clear.

gbb

Legendary Member
Grandson seemed to be coughing a lot after lunch on the way to the park. Cut short, home, covid tested us all....negative for all.

carpiste

Guru
Spent a pleasant afternoon watching footy. I`m not an Arsenal fan but they did play well and it was a very entertaining first half. I think they dropped off a bit in the second half but Spurs were light years behind today.
Turkey steaks for dinner with veg. Not decided which veg yet but there`s a lot to choose from. I`ll also make soup for tomorrow ^_^

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well this morning we set off a destination that i had looked at google map to get an idea where we were going hot to island about a mile from destination and sat nav tells me to go a different route 3 miles later it tries to tell me to turn round so back to using my gut instinct and hey presto a mile later we were there , stupid sat nav :sad:

Well, it was a mild, mostly sunny and blustery day here chez Casa Reynard.

I spent the day watching the BTCC meet from Silverstone, listening to the GP, watching the highlights, keeping an eye on the cycling and listening to the North London derby. Some serious mixed emotions there.

Sooooooo gutted in the GP... Those really do hurt... :cry:

As a Gooner, I'm over the moon that we handed the Spuds their arses on a plate. This team is starting to click. ^_^

And that display by Dan Cam in the second Porsche race was probably one of the finest pieces of defensive driving I have seen in a very long time. Chapeau that man! :notworthy:

I've had nothing put in my letterbox. I suspect @Jenkins has forgotten something... :whistle:

Looking forward to watching MOTD though. I have tea and popcorn.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Well, it was a mild, mostly sunny and blustery day here chez Casa Reynard.

I spent the day watching the BTCC meet from Silverstone, listening to the GP, watching the highlights, keeping an eye on the cycling and listening to the North London derby. Some serious mixed emotions there.

Sooooooo gutted in the GP... Those really do hurt... :cry:

As a Gooner, I'm over the moon that we handed the Spuds their arses on a plate. This team is starting to click. ^_^

And that display by Dan Cam in the second Porsche race was probably one of the finest pieces of defensive driving I have seen in a very long time. Chapeau that man! :notworthy:

I've had nothing put in my letterbox. I suspect @Jenkins has forgotten something... :whistle:

Looks like Arsenal v Tottenham was the Match Of The Day.

Jenkins

Legendary Member

I didn't forget, I just couldn't get past the security cordon that had been set up for some reason...

This was a much needed weekend away - even if it was just a single night in a Premier Inn around one of my normal race meeting attendances. There's just next Wednesday's first bit of live music in 18 months to go to and I'll be convinced that things are almost back to normal.

Top Bottom