Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’m going down to the powder coating place later to get a frame and fork done.

Oh well better than nothing I guess..

Well, I only paid about 50p for the dozen, so not really complaining. :laugh: They *are* locally sourced though.

Can't beat perky fresh laid though.
Standing up tall in the frying pan..

Even better poached, on greens, on sourdough toast :hungry:

I know. :blush:

Soft boiled, with buttered toast soldiers from home made bread. Or fried egg sandwiches. :hungry:

A friend in the village keeps chooks, so the odd half a dozen really fresh ones come my way every now and again. Not recently though, as her girls are getting a bit long in the tooth bill.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I thought last night's was poor, but this is tonight's offering from the main 4 channels:
20191204_172950.jpg

Three soaps, and all the rest are reality/celebrity/fly-on-the-wall pap. Urgh!

Podcasts to the rescue once more ... and can do that whilst making a loaf :okay:

I thought last night's was poor, but this is tonight's offering from the main 4 channels:
View attachment 495420
Three soaps, and all the rest are reality/celebrity/fly-on-the-wall pap. Urgh!

Podcasts to the rescue once more ... and can do that whilst making a loaf :okay:

Well, I'm nicely catered for with footy commentary on the radio and snooker on the red button ^_^

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Well, I'm nicely catered for with footy commentary on the radio and snooker on the red button ^_^
Unfortunately sports does nothing for me either. Loved playing; hate spectating.

Clearly I'm too picky, but is too much to ask for a decent film, thoughtful documentary or insightful comedy? Not even one across all four channels. Instead we have " The World's Most Expensive Presents." Sheesh!

Unfortunately sports does nothing for me either. Loved playing; hate spectating.

Clearly I'm too picky, but is too much to ask for a decent film, thoughtful documentary or insightful comedy? Not even one across all four channels. Instead we have " The World's Most Expensive Presents." Sheesh!

Each to his or her own :smile: I like watching sports as much as participating.

To be fair, I find myself watching less TV outside of news or sports. But there's often interesting stuff on some of the "lesser" channels i.e. BBC4, Quest, Yesterday...

And failing that, there's always a good box set or the i-player. :blush:

Murmuration of sparrows at sundown.

Not a massive one, but still the real deal :rolleyes:

Whereas I get a murder of crows. Several hundred of them, all sitting on the telephone wires, kicking up one heck of a racket. Now I don't mind them, it's more that I mind the output. Corvid s**ts are massive. :wacko:

I thought a murmuration refers specifically to starlings? :scratch:

Top Bottom