Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
What is it about dogs and cats, why do dogs want to tear cats apart and more specifically why does my English pointer hate them so much that he stands at the bottom of a tree frantically barking at a cat up said tree, knowing full well that l don't appreciate being woken up at silly o'clock this morning and that l will be giving him a severe boll+++ing when l catch him ? :sad:

They don't want to tear them apart, they just want to play. Cat's simply don't understand.

Like I said.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Due to get warm here over the weekend. Our Memorial Day. We started observing that after our Civil War. It started as Decoration Day on May 5 in 1868, and has moved as the years have passed, for various reasons. John A Logan, a Union General from the area where I went to Uni, started the practice as president of the G.A.R., or Grand Army of the Republic, a Union Veterans organization.(As opposed o the U.C.V. or United Conf***erate Veterans) National Holiday, so i and the other drivers, even though we are not driving, get the day off. On a regular year, I would travel 40 miles or so, and put some peonies on my fathers' grave from his mothers' ancestors plants, but they have not bloomed yet, and I shouldn't travel that far with this all going on.

Our peonies have pretty much lost their petals to the wind.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
I need to go and turn some potatoes into chips in a little while.

Have resurrected my deep fat fryer as the idea of using the local chippies (any of them) doesn't particularly appeal. Drove past a couple last night and no one seemed to be socially distancing in the queues at all.
Just switched mine off, prawn crackers fried and girls are sitting down to crispy duck and some dim sum, youngest wont touch the dim sum as they look like....... Brains
Back on later to cook some chips to go with our burgers (Mrs)

woodbutcher

Veteran
I need to go and turn some potatoes into chips in a little while.

Have resurrected my deep fat fryer as the idea of using the local chippies (any of them) doesn't particularly appeal. Drove past a couple last night and no one seemed to be socially distancing in the queues at all.
Can l give a plug for an air fryer . we have a Tefal "Actifry" which will "fry" up to 1 kg of potato chips at a go !
And thats on one TEASPOON of sunflower oil. 'course you can fry other stuff like chicken , fish etc, and when you get used to operating method it is pretty damn good !

Top Bottom