Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In other news, I bought a loaf of bread on the way back from work.

Sacré bleu! They like Germany now, though 👍🏼

That's not the border that bothers me at the moment.

2020_07_12_Neuf-Brisach_19.JPG

Front wheel in France, back wheel in Germany.

Tribansman

Veteran
Picked up Mini T from school today...on the bike (he goes to Mrs T's school 10 miles away so she takes his bike in in the morning).

Was really unlucky with the weather. Got pelted by hailstones, driven into my face and (gloveless :rolleyes:) hands by the still very strong winds most of the way in. They really bloody hurt! And torrential downpour and into a headwind for half the way home. He's made of strong stuff, Mini T.

Brew, hot water bottles and biscuits when we got back. Not irritated at all that there's been mostly blue sky and no rain since then :cursing:

Turkish eggs and mejadra (a mix of rice, green lentils and spiced fried onions). :hungry:

The world is good right now. :becool:

And as much as I enjoy meat and fish, I really do like top notch vegetarian food. And this was perfect for a cold and wet day.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wass going to whinge about the bog awful courier company SIS & Wiggle employ. As they failed to deliver packages from both companies despite me paying for next day delivery...... They both arrived by taxi today???
Was also moaning about the lack of longevity of my track pump, "only had it two years and it's buggered already!" Anyway, was taking it to pieces to see if it was repairable, parts replaceable, it's not, they're not. And some how, I fixed it by pulling it apart!!! Yay me!
That'll be Hermes - I'm quite happy with the local branch's service. Oddly enough I also ordered some bits from Wiggle on Friday using standard delivery and SiS on Saturday night using 'next day' delivery (I got it for a year free on offer) and both were delivered this afternoon. Small pack of Haribo in with the Wiggle delivery as well:thumbsup:

Spatchcock pouissan, greek salad and cous cous chucked on a plate at 4 Michelin* Fondos chefs table tonight, I really ought to be charging £20 for this , rather than the kids saying, 'I don't like kalamata olives, finest feta cheese, salad, cous cous and non-free range chicken'. Never goes this badly at McDonalds :wacko:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I think we had everything except warmth weatherwise here today - clear blue skies, wind gusts in excess of 40mph, heavy rain showers and hail (thankfully before I left work).

Jab number 2 has been booked for next Monday morning and I'm hoping for the same complete lack of reaction as I had to the first as I've got a trip to London on Tuesday.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think we had everything except warmth weatherwise here today - clear blue skies, wind gusts in excess of 40mph, heavy rain showers and hail (thankfully before I left work).

Jab number 2 has been booked for next Monday morning and I'm hoping for the same complete lack of reaction as I had to the first as I've got a trip to London on Tuesday.
I had no reaction at all to Jab 1 but Jab 2 left me a bit wibbly-wobbly for a few days. Everybody seems to react differently.

Top Bottom