Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think I can only match one of those attributes!
This correct?
Nice ×
Young ×
Man √
A physique ×
A strong physique ×
Some tools ×
Some better tools ×

I went for a ride with my friends this afternoon / evening . When we were half way round I started hearing a loud clicking noise coming from my friends bike . At first it was just the occasional click which sounded a bit like a pedal noise, as we progressed it became louder and more frequent . It was his rear axle bearing which was breaking up . I followed close behind him, I suggested that he should use lower gears so as not to put too much load on it . We managed to get back the last 6 miles okay . I will have a look at it over the next few days.
We did 13 miles in the end .

tyred

Legendary Member
Tyre removal on a Brompton is very tight but thorn now removed, tube patched and refitted.

The previous tyre wore through to the cords without a single puncture and this one (same brand) has only managed about a fortress before puncturing but I suppose it's the luck of the draw.

Now relaxing listening to Imelda May:music:

Have decided to go to a steam rally tomorrow. Will be a long drive but a chance to play with steam engines, old tractors and cars in a lovely lakeside location :becool:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Been sat on a beach in Anglesey most of the day. I may be glowing. :whistle:
Good job you weren't on Felixstowe beach - you'd have been blue with the cold.

I'm off to Brands Hatch this weekend for the GTs and hoping that the Bank Holiday comes in other colours than grey.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's been a day of going around the East Midlands;

- Emptied son no. 2's bedroom ready for painting, plus some shopping before heading to Newark where I collected 4 bikes I'd won via eBay.
- Then to Lincoln to visit son no. 1 with his new glasses.
- Then to Scunthorpe for track racing, where I also donated off 3 of the bikes leaving me with the one I originally wanted in the first place (it was a 'buy all 4' auction)

Can you guess which bike I wanted to keep? :okay:

s-l1600.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
It's been a day of going around the East Midlands;

- Emptied son no. 2's bedroom ready for painting, plus some shopping before heading to Newark where I collected 4 bikes I'd won via eBay.
- Then to Lincoln to visit son no. 1 with his new glasses.
- Then to Scunthorpe for track racing, where I also donated off 3 of the bikes leaving me with the one I originally wanted in the first place (it was a 'buy all 4' auction)

Can you guess which bike I wanted to keep? :okay:

View attachment 606388
The small pink one!

Top Bottom