Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpiste

Guru
Rain, rain, rain! On top of that it`s also a bit chilly so sat here in front of the fire with a cuppa deciding if I should watch a film.
Will be driving back to the UK tomorrow. Hoping the roads will be clear for a nice easy route back through Paris. I fear the worst bit will be on arrival in Folkstone and driving up to Manchester! Oh well. no point dwelling on it I suppose.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
this too shall pass. this isn't your 1st winter, is it?
First winter I have not had things to do. Makes a difference.
& you never know when the sh*t will hit the fan & you'll need to flee to higher ground, eh?
I live at 200ft above sea level. If I have to flee to higher ground thing will be getting really serious.:ohmy:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
First winter I have not had things to do. Makes a difference.

I live at 200ft above sea level. If I have to flee to higher ground thing will be getting really serious.:ohmy:
If the north continues rising while the south sinks, you'll end up being part of the mainland. Well, when I say ''you'' I mean your descendants.

Apparently it's because the ice age and all its glacial weight pressed down on Scotland more than England.

First brew of the day has been drunk
Cat has had his tuna in brine for breakfast
Starting to lighten up outside

I wouldn't feed tuna in brine - the salt isn't good for the kidneys. Tuna in spring water only xxx :okay:

our Son has come home for a few days & the '94 Camry he inherited from my Dad is acting up. stalls after cold starts. I know what it is. every cpl of years I have to clean the idle air control valve inside the throttle body to bring back the idle. a little carb cleaner down the little front port should do the trick. I'll wipe down all of the throttle body that I can reach as well

got it done & got the high idle back. gonna rain tomorrow so ... Thanksgiving morning ... looks like it could use more cleaning but the air intake port is good enough for now
phone 2.jpg

probably shouldn't be using a metal screwdriver to open butterfly valve, oops. but the scratches don't seem too harmful
phone 1.jpg

I'll do a cold start test again when we get back home later

Top Bottom