Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Managed a couple of hours assisting MrsF empty her mum's loft of 'stuff' (covid leaving me a bit short of breath). Filled the boot with an number of bin bags and have brought stuff down to sort. Lot's of old 'singles' to go through, and 8mm cine film as well as a camera and projector.

Got a couple of Christmas lights to bring back, a Snowman and a holly - although I'll check them with a smart plug before plugging in as the power supplies say 150w as they are old tech rope style lights. Two of them will cost about £1 a day if run for just 3 hours... yikes - how things change eh !

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
does everything go in the dryer, or do you hang synthetics to dry?

Not clothes

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm currently sat in Liverpool Lime St station awaiting train 3 of 4 after today's audax resulted in a DNF due to a terminal mechanical.

83km into the 214km Eureka event my rear mech detonated, taking the derailleur hanger with it and breaking a couple of spokes plus the rear mudguard.

I was on my Raleigh SP Race commuter bike and it's had a hard couple of months of commuter duties. However, I thought it'd be OK to use.

Manchester Piccadilly next, then Cheadle Hulme and a walk.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I was at primary school in Central Scotland we spoke two different languages. In school it was English but out of school it was Broad Scots which is a distinct different language which bears a slight resemblance to Doric as spoken in Aberdeenshire.
I can mostly understand Doric once I have been there for a few hours but for a stranger it is impenetrable.
There are now strong attempts to revive the use of Scots language.

And so it should be revived.. 'Proper' local dialects should be cherished 👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'm currently sat in Liverpool Lime St station awaiting train 3 of 4 after today's audax resulted in a SNF due to a terminal mechanical.

83km into the 214km Eureka event my rear mech detonated, taking the derailleur hanger with it and breaking a couple of spokes plus the rear mudguard.

I was on my Raleigh SP Race commuter bike and it's had a hard couple of months of commuter duties. However, I thought it'd be OK to use.

Manchester Piccadilly next, then Cheadle Hulme and a walk.

Sounds like a supernova , bad luck

classic33

Leg End Member
I've only got to make it from one part of Leeds station to the other (this time - on Tuesday & Wednesday I've got to walk into the city centre & the outskirts :ohmy:) so I should be OK

And they speak funny up there
For the first, it's out the main entrance and follow the road to the lights. Then you want to head straight up that road in front of you.
In order to do this, head right, not straight on.

Hebe

getting better all the time
✂️✂️✂️
last ride in shorts & sandals?
View attachment 667859
I love this photo! Bikes and autumn 😍

Huge lover of dried fruit here, vine or not. Currants the least, but still good. I like the Lidl mix of cranberries and raisins on my porridge along with some sliced bananas and a handful of granola. Dates, dried figs, dried bananas, love them all. Mince pies, Christmas cake, stollen…:notworthy: I’m with @Reynard on Creme Eggs however. :stop:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
This afternoon I shall be mostly reading Crossing Europe on a bike called Reggie by Andrew Sykes again.

postman

Legendary Member
Walked up to the local Remembrance Day parade in glorious sunshine. The fresh air has helped clear the cobwebs and the throat is much less sore. Beans on toast for lunch. We only had a tin of budget Aldi beans left in the larder, but a generous sloosh of Hendersons came to the rescue 😎
Is it true Aldi carrier bags cost more than the baked beans.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
For the first, it's out the main entrance and follow the road to the lights. Then you want to head straight up that road in front of you.
In order to do this, head right, not straight on.

Don't worry, I know my way about as I was up there a couple of weeks ago and did a bit of exploring then - mostly to find out where the O2 Academy was in advance of another visit in 10 days time.

Currently heading north through some grey and gloomy countryside.

Top Bottom