My card's been scammed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Christ! £490 at JD Sports - did they try to buy the full shop?

When my credit card was stolen, it was used in a single transaction in Footlocker to buy £1600 worth of trainers. As you do.

vickster

Legendary Member
Which was already said

and probably the reason for this. Sale declined.
@Accy cyclist says the £490 declined purchase was online not attempted contactless in store, so I don't understand what you mean

Also, for most if not all, the contactless limit per transaction is thirty quid not fifty

Reactions: mjr

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4861541, member: 9609"]whats contactless ?[/QUOTE]
Uses near field technology to take the payment. Coming soon to trains near you.

winjim

Smash the cistern
When my credit card was stolen, it was used in a single transaction in Footlocker to buy £1600 worth of trainers. As you do.
My card was cloned and they spent all my money at Argos, Halfords and Farm Foods. Classy.

I did get pissed of at my bank while on honeymoon. It used to be that you'd phone the bank to tell them you were going abroad but these days they say there's no need. So we get to Denver and while my wife acclimatises to the altitude I try and hire a city bike to ride to the posh mall on and get her something nice, but it won't take my card. I then get a text message asking if that was me attempting a transaction. I reply yes and it says my card should be available to use in about 30 mins. It's a nice day so I carry on walking to the mall. On the way back I try the bike hire again but it still doesn't work. So I have to walk back to the hotel and then spend half an hour on an international call explaining to the bank that yes I am abroad and yes I did just try to hire a Denver city bike and yes I will be here for a few more weeks so if they could please make my card work it would be rather useful. A PITA that could have been avoided if they would have let me let them know in advance that I was going to be in Colorado. But of course that's not necessary these days...

vickster

Legendary Member
My card was cloned and they spent all my money at Argos, Halfords and Farm Foods. Classy.

I did get pissed of at my bank while on honeymoon. It used to be that you'd phone the bank to tell them you were going abroad but these days they say there's no need. So we get to Denver and while my wife acclimatises to the altitude I try and hire a city bike to ride to the posh mall on and get her something nice, but it won't take my card. I then get a text message asking if that was me attempting a transaction. I reply yes and it says my card should be available to use in about 30 mins. It's a nice day so I carry on walking to the mall. On the way back I try the bike hire again but it still doesn't work. So I have to walk back to the hotel and then spend half an hour on an international call explaining to the bank that yes I am abroad and yes I did just try to hire a Denver city bike and yes I will be here for a few more weeks so if they could please make my card work it would be rather useful. A PITA that could have been avoided if they would have let me let them know in advance that I was going to be in Colorado. But of course that's not necessary these days...
Natwest let you inform them of overseas travel in advance via the App, did it recently for Spain, not that I used m y debit card

winjim

Smash the cistern
Natwest let you inform them of overseas travel in advance via the App, did it recently for Spain, not that I used m y debit card
I've never had any problem in Europe, only that one time in the States.

[QUOTE 4861571, member: 9609"]thats a new one on me[/QUOTE]
I used my phone to buy a map in the Aviemore branch of a well known book shop recently. Where you authorise the contactless payment with your fingerprint. The shop assistant sounded most impressed, something like "Oh, posh ! We haven't seen much of that".

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I used my phone to buy a map in the Aviemore branch of a well known book shop recently. Where you authorise the contactless payment with your fingerprint. The shop assistant sounded most impressed, something like "Oh, posh ! We haven't seen much of that".

You should see people's faces in Norfolk when I pay contactless on my watch. They think I am a wizard or a time traveller.

Top Bottom