My closest pass yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
camming invasive? i would say not as long as we have eyes that see, i have nothing to hide am proud of most of what i do and dissapointed with myself of the rest.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
camming invasive? i would say not as long as we have eyes that see, i have nothing to hide am proud of most of what i do and dissapointed with myself of the rest.
Hello Steve. Do eyes record and upload? I also have nothing to hide whilst milling about my every day routine. But I would take great exception if someone filmed me without my permission. You're all not getting it are you? These are my thoughts on the camming thing. And I am fully entitled to my opinion.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Hello Steve. Do eyes record and upload? I also have nothing to hide whilst milling about my every day routine. But I would take great exception if someone filmed me without my permission. You're all not getting it are you? These are my thoughts on the camming thing. And I am fully entitled to my opinion.

You have no expectation of privacy in a public place.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
You have no expectation of privacy in a public place.
Hello again Steve. You've changed your name to benb. A bit of a silly comment really my friend. I just don't expect to be filmed while I'm out, unless someone asks my permission. But again, that's your opinion, to which you are fully entitled. And I respect that.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Hello Steve. Do eyes record and upload?

Do all cameras 'upload'? Mine doesn't. The footage is for me and any relevant authority in the event I'm shunted off the bike.

I also have nothing to hide whilst milling about my every day routine. But I would take great exception if someone filmed me without my permission.

Whilst out and about in public places your permission isn't required.
Do you write to every bus company, petrol station, shop or other cctv protected facility you pass to complain they're filming you without permission?

You're all not getting it are you? These are my thoughts on the camming thing. And I am fully entitled to my opinion.

You are indeed entitled to your opinion.
Even when it's wrong.

GC

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Hello again Steve. You've changed your name to benb. A bit of a silly comment really my friend. I just don't expect to be filmed while I'm out, unless someone asks my permission. But again, that's your opinion, to which you are fully entitled. And I respect that.

Who's Steve? Not me.
You might not expect it, but unless someone is harassing you, they can film you.
If I'm actually taking a photo where someone is the main subject I will ask their permission out of politeness, but it's not required legally.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I'm afraid you're mistaken. The right to a private life is the law, you may have no expectation of not being filmed in public but you certainly have a right of privacy.

You only have a right to a private life when, er, you're in private.
There is no expectation of privacy in a public place, therefore there can be no invasion of privacy in a public place.

Legally you can be in bother for harassing people - following them down the street filing them for example - but that's a different matter. It's completely legal to film people in public without their permission.

Reactions: gaz

Dave W

There is no expectation of privacy in a public place, therefore there can be no invasion of privacy in a public place.

Legally you can be in bother for harassing people - following them down the street filing them for example - but that's a different matter. It's completely legal to film people in public without their permission.

If you can find the bit here where you bin the right to privacy when you're in public then I'll agree, until then I will maintain that you're wrong.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Do all cameras 'upload'? Mine doesn't. The footage is for me and any relevant authority in the event I'm shunted off the bike.

Whilst out and about in public places your permission isn't required.
Do you write to every bus company, petrol station, shop or other cctv protected facility you pass to complain they're filming you without permission?

You are indeed entitled to your opinion.
Even when it's wrong.

GC
Yon know what I mean about the filming. You're just being silly, aren't you?

Jezston

Über Member
If you can find the bit here where you bin the right to privacy when you're in public then I'll agree, until then I will maintain that you're wrong.

Do you ask all the customers on your bus permission to film them as they board then?

No.

You can film what you want when you are in a public place.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people

I have never said that I have a divine right to privacy in public places. I just don't want a camera stuffed in my face at any given time. Why don't you get that?

Top Bottom