My first major 'off'. Ouchie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Oh, btw does anyone know the best way to repair lycra leggings? I was thinking of trying to stitch them. I think a patch would be better, but I'd have to patch with lycra....which I don't have. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and buy a new pair, but I'd rather save 50 quid if a rapair is possible.
My experience is not easily. The problem is in that location is that there's a lot of flexing going on so any kind of seam will be felt & rub.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Oh, no decent rubber for 650c wheels... well yeah except one of the best tyres I've ever ridden on.

Sorry, I meant the choice of decent puncture resistant tyres was limited. The best I could find (from reviews) were the gatorskins. That, combined with the Panracer flat away liner (on the rear) seemed the best bet. TBH I think I'd have come off on any tyre at that speed as I'm pretty sure I came off because of mud on the road. In comparison, I've never had a puncture with Marathon Plus's and they grip good as well. If I can make a 26 wheel fit I'll swap as I only use the 'bent for commuting and long rides where puncture prevention is my priority. I'm not too bothered about going much faster as I could with the tyres you suggest. In fact, after today I think I'll be going a fair bit slower.....for a day or two!^_^

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
How does arallsopp's bent compare to a big wheeled Bacchetta in seat height? On my Giro I'm not actually that much lower than on a DF, so if I keep my hands on the 'bars then there's not much difference.
I think it's about half the height of my bike. You would have to ask him to get a proper answer.

Just out of interest, how much were the right hand fall repairs? I'm amazed at how little damage a left hand fall did.
I took the brunt of the impact. so damages to the bicycle where very minor, my rear camera took a huge impact and is scared badly.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Ouch - gws. That looks sore.

I had a slippy moment coming home, but have put it to the new Schwalbe Blizzard Sport tyres that got used for the first time today. Managed to get it back upright!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
How does arallsopp's bent compare to a big wheeled Bacchetta in seat height? On my Giro I'm not actually that much lower than on a DF, so if I keep my hands on the 'bars then there's not much difference.

Arallsopp's current Bent is a Challenge Seiran USS with 26" wheels so he is sat quite high up compared to mid & low racers.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Double damn and blast. I thought I'd got off lightly but the left grip shifter is also damaged beyond repair. This is one of those jobs that looks like it will be a complete pain in the arse. The shifter, doddle, the cable? Inner, outer, those bits before the cable routes through the frame brackets, ferrells, threading the thing through......I think I'll give my local bike shop the job and enjoy my weekend off! Ah well, an excuse to upgrade to Sram X9 shifters I suppose.

GrasB

Veteran
Sorry, I meant the choice of decent puncture resistant tyres was limited.
Oh you don't need to worry about punctures with those Ultremos... they don't last long enough to get many punctures :thumbsup::laugh:

Inner, outer, those bits before the cable routes through the frame brackets, ferrells, threading the thing through......I think I'll give my local bike shop the job and enjoy my weekend off! Ah well, an excuse to upgrade to Sram X9 shifters I suppose.
I'd recommend learning how to do this. If the cables are routed through the frame remove the outer first leaving the inner in situe, then you use the inner cable as a guide. Takes a bit of learning but once you have the knack of it all it's a really useful skill to have. I won't presume to know how the Stradas cables are routed.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf

Yeah, his is a Seiran highracer too. I'm much lower down on my Fujin.

Top Bottom