My first Video commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Actually, it's my second, but the first was dark!

It's a bit fuzzy and deliberately quick but it gives an impression of about two thirds of my commute.

Let me know if you see yourself anyplace.

I am preparing myself for all sorts of cycle criticism (I know, I know I made plenty of errors, but was just kinda excited to have a new "feel" to the commute, what with the light traffic and head cam element!)

PS, keep your eyes peeled for the suicidal Pedestrian (about mid way in) and the lovely WVM in the final few frames. Other than that, some really good driving from a lot of drivers (you'll hear my squeaky voice congratulating them...to myself...ermmm)

Link should be here

Jonny

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
That's a sh*te overtake at 2.13 by the black van... waaaay too close!!

Chipmunks of the world unite, eh? :biggrin::biggrin:

Some very bad driving at 3:35. They pulled in front, slammed on the brakes and only just fitted through the gap. I heard a chipmunk at that point! :biggrin:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Bristol Dave said:
Thanks jonny, that made me laugh. What cam did you go for in the end?

BD

I took a lot of help from Thomas (thanks Thomas) and went for the Muvi, its so light and simple...and cheap, that i would have spent ages making a more expensive choice, so thought it best to get cracking on the cheap first.

Footage is really clear but you tube has compressed this a lot (plus the speed makes it rough)

Were you on the pavement at 4:38? :biggrin:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Nice one! Interesting shortcut to avoid Lewisham and the A20, I just follow the big roads there. What are the benefits for you?

mainly that I dont have to go up armpit...sorry laompit.... hill. I hate single long hills and prefer a few little short ones.

Plus its much less busy and the little lane around the cemetrey is deserted.

I do the main roads on the way home though!

Bristol Dave

TBH watching it in the 'small' window the quality looks good to me. I think it's a very good video even with the cheap cam, speed and the fact you're on a bike on British roads! Keep it up. I've subscribed to your Youtube channel.

BD

Ooooh! Undertaking an HGV just as it was about to start moving again! xx(

(Can you tell I am posting as I watch it! :smile:)

8:26 Why undertake the two vehicles at the lights? What if the lights changed? It was a left turn only lane..... (Can you tell I'm having fun critiquing someone elses riding! xx()

Top Bottom