My legs are still sore

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Here's a side position picture, my foot is at the bottom of the pedal stroke and you can see that there's a slight bend in it.

ojW7D.jpg

Cyclist33

Lol, not really, as it's very hard to gauge exactly where your kneecaps are in relation to the pedal axle, and also we could do with one where the cranks are flat :crazy:

If it were me, I'd have me cleats further forward on the shoes. But like I said, everyone's anatomy is different so only you will be able to ascertain what position lays the least stress on your sore points.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Lol, not really, as it's very hard to gauge exactly where your kneecaps are in relation to the pedal axle, and also we could do with one where the cranks are flat :crazy:

If it were me, I'd have me cleats further forward on the shoes. But like I said, everyone's anatomy is different so only you will be able to ascertain what position lays the least stress on your sore points.

I'll post a couple more later on, I'm away out.

Rob500

I've changed them to the general direction that me feet point when they're relaxed, I don't think that has anything to do with my legs though.
If I've understood what you are saying here jazloc /\ /\ This is your problem I think. If you've pointed the cleats the way your feet turn naturally it means your having to turn your whole foot from its natural position to get the cleats to engage the pedals. You need to turn the cleats the opposite way your feet hang.

Example. My feet turn in. My cleats are pointed slightly towards my wee toes. This means that when my feet hang naturally the cleats are in the 'straight' position to engage the pedals. Hope that makes sense.

Here's a side position picture, my foot is at the bottom of the pedal stroke and you can see that there's a slight bend in it.

The 'bottom' of the pedal stroke is when the pedal is in line with the seat tube and therefore when your foot is furthest from the saddle - but that pic is close enough. Having said that, there are no glaring issues with your position that I can see. The only possible issue there may be is with your foot position on the pedals, which is difficult to tell from that angle.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think your knee looks too bent in the up position and possibly too far forward, but it is hard to tell for sure from that photo. If so, then perhaps your bike is one size too big for you so you are having to sit too far forward to reach the bars. You might be able to fit a shorter stem to let you sit back more, but the one you have doesn't look especially long.

How tall are you and what size frame is the bike?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I think your knee looks too bent in the up position and possibly too far forward, but it is hard to tell for sure from that photo. If so, then perhaps your bike is one size too big for you so you are having to sit too far forward to reach the bars. You might be able to fit a shorter stem to let you sit back more, but the one you have doesn't look especially long.

How tall are you and what size frame is the bike?

Bike is a 54cm and I'm just over 5'5.

Peteaud

Veteran
A better side on pic would help, but

Your knee should be over the cleat, see diagram below.

Change the pedals to no cleats and ride it, to see the difference with / without cleats.

leg_bend.jpg

Top Bottom