My legs are still sore

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Shorter stems, new frames, new cleats, new pedals.

PARC16.jpg
smiley-devil07.gif

U

User6179

I,ve had this and it was because i was cycling on my tip toes , the solution for me was pushing the cleat as far back on the shoe thus getting my foot further forward on the pedal, I also moved my seat forward a little and down a little which was the opposite of advice I had received about bike fit .
Before I used clipless I cycled nearly on the arch of my foot and my first thought was whether jazloc did the same?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Tried everything. I've changed my saddle height, changed the saddles position, removed spd-sl pedals and used flats - nothing. My legs are just permanently sore. I'm honestly put off cycling, I don't want to go out because I know it will be sore.

Get In The Van

Jaz, if i recall you're only 14, maybe your body is just going through a growing phase, bones are stretching etc etc, also are you pushing big gears?
Many years ago when i was a junior, the top 2 spockets off my cassette, were removed to save me pushing to big a gear and damaging my knees, legs as i was still growing.
Not sure if they still do this, but maybe don't force the big gears for a while, sit in small front ring whilst out see if that helps.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Jaz, if i recall you're only 14, maybe your body is just going through a growing phase, bones are stretching etc etc, also are you pushing big gears?
Many years ago when i was a junior, the top 2 spockets off my cassette, were removed to save me pushing to big a gear and damaging my knees, legs as i was still growing.
Not sure if they still do this, but maybe don't force the big gears for a while, sit in small front ring whilst out see if that helps.

I've managed to teach myself to not grind the gears and I've been working on my cadence, I'm fairly good at keeping a good cadence so no, I'm not pushing a big gear. But as you say, I am still growing, it's just really annoying that I plan a good route, get all my kit on and then I go out to be hit by a brick wall of pain.

Top Bottom