my little barmaid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

A cute little blond girl, student I guess, who used to serve me at ASDA has started working at my local pub.

She was always a vision of naive pulchritude and I couldn't believe my luck when she turned up. I had great fun telling her where the mini cheddars were kept, the fact you don't *have* to sell stella artois in those special glasses (because they rip you off because you can't top them properly) and what pork scratchings were. She was so attentive and I could tell there was a spark between us.

Now she's started hanging around with the bad barmaids, the ones who aren't so attentive to me and give me my change saying almost saying 1P CHANGE, in verbal capital letters when they don't even have a charity box. She even comes in on her night off wearing make up and a debbie harry style hat to talk to them. They all seem to show each other stuff on their mobile phones. I hope they haven't got her into happy slapping.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum now because I feel I may be going in there there just to keep an eye on her... but I don't want to crowd her.

Er, "your little barmaid"? She's not, you know..
Hmm, I know you're heart is in the right place, but she didn't ask you to look out for her, and probably doesn't need you to either...

Be very careful. You're more likely to freak her out and do more harm than you think you're protecting her from.....

When she's your girlfriend and asks you to take care of her 24/7 then sure - carry on....but until then, be careful....

Noodley

You're doing the right thing there Abbers, can't be too careful when it comes to making sure good barmaids are not led astray. If she is left to her own devices it will not be too long before she forgets to smile - and we all know where that leads.

And make sure she knows you are watching her, it'll make her feel good.

Dave5N

Über Member
Noodley said:
You're doing the right thing there Abbers, can't be too careful when it comes to making sure good barmaids are not led astray. If she is left to her own devices it will not be too long before she forgets to smile - and we all know where that leads.

And make sure she knows you are watching her, it'll make her feel good.

;)

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

badkitty said:
Er, "your little barmaid"? She's not, you know..
Hmm, I know you're heart is in the right place, but she didn't ask you to look out for her, and probably doesn't need you to either...

Be very careful. You're more likely to freak her out and do more harm than you think you're protecting her from.....

When she's your girlfriend and asks you to take care of her 24/7 then sure - carry on....but until then, be careful....

Thanks for your interest, but I really have no interest in making her my girlfriend. I can protect her in many... many ways she or you are not even aware of yet.

None of us can tell the future. Sometimes it takes clarity of vision to influence it though.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

gavintc said:
Just tell her you like to cycle and that you have friends on the internet, that will reassure her.

Yes. I shall tell her that. And also why so many scottish people seem to vicariously live their lives through someone like me.

Dave5N

Über Member
Abitrary said:
Thanks for your interest, but I really have no interest in making her my girlfriend. I can protect her in many... many ways she or you are not even aware of yet.

None of us can tell the future. Sometimes it takes clarity of vision to influence it though.

I was going to highlight some of this for emphasis, but really, there is no need.

Weirdo.

Top Bottom