My Raleigh Bike. The Start.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I lost a vernier calliper in similar circumstances.
They obviously wanted to avoid the risk of Murder by Measurement :wacko:

Thinking back now and of course being a bit wiser I should of put all my tools in the suitcase but I was carrying them in hand luggage..

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thinking back now and of course being a bit wiser I should of put all my tools in the suitcase but I was carrying them in hand luggage..

Reminds me of a time i came back from Lebanon via Cyprus in the mid 80's and i had all my hand tools in my case along with 3 weeks worth of dirty clothes and a young customs lady asked to search my case when i landed at Luton , once opened and she saw all the dirty clothes she decided it wasn't worth the hassle :laugh:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Morning folks.. problem of the day.
I am trying to feed the brake cable through the crossbar as it is internal feed.
Now I tried was to end the old cable with the new then put a bit of Gorilla tape round and then push pull the cable through pulling the new cable along with it. But the old cable is so brittle it wont bend through the hole in the frame, so that's my idea out of the window so any other thoughts my friends.

Is it brittle just where it exits the tube or is there some which is still flexible?
Any pictures might help us think ?
I was getting the gear cable out of the front derail and 8mm was too small a 10mm was too big and a 2 BA went on but was loose there was one spanner that just fitted but its not right.
So it won't hurt to get some nice new spanners. :smile:
Imperial ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Morning folks.. problem of the day.
I am trying to feed the brake cable through the crossbar as it is internal feed.
Now I tried was to end the old cable with the new then put a bit of Gorilla tape round and then push pull the cable through pulling the new cable along with it. But the old cable is so brittle it wont bend through the hole in the frame, so that's my idea out of the window so any other thoughts my friends.

does the outer go all the way through or just in a small amount each end ?
if only a small amount each end then its worth trying to feed a new inner through before removing the old outer if that makes sense
oh and have you ridden the Peugeot yet ????

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
does the outer go all the way through or just in a small amount each end ?
if only a small amount each end then its worth trying to feed a new inner through before removing the old outer if that makes sense
oh and have you ridden the Peugeot yet ????

Sorted. I did just as you posted I shorten the new cable by the the front brake length then cut the old cable as short as I could then put the new cable through both and it pulled it through. simples..
biggs your a star but I have not been out the the peegot yet?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sorted. I did just as you posted I shorten the new cable by the the front brake length then cut the old cable as short as I could then put the new cable through both and it pulled it through. simples..
biggs your a star but I have not been out the the peegot yet?

Will send the bill by post , I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT

Top Bottom