My Raleigh Bike. The Start.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Here's one on ebay and the top one that has different lengths..

bloki.jpg

carpenter

Über Member
I have had similar when I started doing up bikes - have you put the QR lever in to the down position, released the cable and rotated the brake?
I can't see any reason why someone would try to put different drop brake callipers together - unless they like the smell of burning rubber :wacko:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I have had similar when I started doing up bikes - have you put the QR lever in to the down position, released the cable and rotated the brake?
I can't see any reason why someone would try to put different drop brake callipers together - unless they like the smell of burning rubber :wacko:

There are no cables in place yet but the front brake are ok..

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Like this
You've fitted the caliper 'On The Piss' misaligned

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Those 105 callipers are short reach. I suggest that just by chance the front calliper happens to fit OK, but that your old frame requires a longer reach rear calliper. I don't think 105s came in a long reach (?). R450, 451, 650 maybe? 47 - 57mm drop

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Those 105 callipers are short reach. I suggest that just by chance the front calliper happens to fit OK, but that your old frame requires a longer reach rear calliper. I don't think 105s came in a long reach (?). R450, 451, 650 maybe? 47 - 57mm drop

That's what I thought last night while watching pool on u tube. So I went on ebay and got some almost new Exage 47/57 calipers which will do the trick, so I will stick the others back on ebay tomorrow.
Still its all a learning curve for me so grateful for all your help.

Top Bottom