MyCyclingLog down again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Anyone else still having problems or is it just me? I haven't been able to get connected to the site from my PC at work at all this week and accessing it from home last night was fairly slow.

Can anyone recommend any alternatives to MyCyclingLog?

www.fetcheveryone.com

Great site for logging your runs and cycling. You can download straight from your garmin etc.

anweledig

Same problem here - no access at present. Pity because I like the graphs of activity compared across years and I have 4 years of data on there. It gives me:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::numRows() in /home/mikwatdotcom/mycyclinglog.com/common/util/session.inc.php on line 60

Watch the site I suppose :sad:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I not been able for 2 days now, getting sick of it, its been going offline for days before this incident, i even sent an email a little while ago never got an answer and thats naughty, i 2nd logging on here as well.
I had the same. After technical issues with MCL a few years ago, I made numerous attempts to contact the site's admin Michael Watts, using Facebook, his personal page's contact form, etc. but never any reply. I get the strong impression he just doesn't care about MCL anymore, and couldn't be bothered responding to support requests. So I stopped using MCL.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Has my 'cycling log' gone offline, Whenever I try to log in all I get is the following message.

'Fatal error: Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::numRows() in /home/mikwatdotcom/mycyclinglog.com/common/util/session.inc.php on line 60'

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Any news @Auntie Helen ?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Hmmm.. Scary. In my limited experience, "Call to undefined method MDB2_Error::numRows()" normally means the database query has an invalid or missing column name in it. Database schemas tend not to morph arbitrarily, so If the database is no longer the shape the front end thinks it is, I suspect things have gone rather badly wrong. Not to say it won't come back, but its a much scarier error that a failed connection to the database. The database is there.. but the front end doesn't recognise it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'll miss it if it doesn't come back - such a simple thing but it's been hugely motivational for me over the last couple of years.
Me too. Over 4 years/12k miles of rides were logged on MCL, including details of tours.
I have one of those Gamin doofers but I can't be bothered using it for every ride; I tend to just use it on longer rides or new routes I haven't been on before. On tour it gets used until the battery dies, i.e. after day 2. Come back MCL :cry:.

tarwheel

I've been using mycyclinglog.com as my primary data base for riding mileage, time and bike maintenance for close to 10 years. What a shame if the site has closed. I have no way to reconstruct the data, although I do track yearly mileage totals in other ways. I have been unable to access the site since last week and I'm getting the same message reported by others.

I opened new accounts with bikejournal.com and strava today so I can continue tracking cycling data going forward. Bike Journal seems the closest to My Cycling Log in overall features and usability.

Top Bottom