Name the stuff that you regret ever buying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

After reading a couple of post
How much? I've always wanted a jukebox?
Sorry only kidding :smile:

Mines a large bastard sword. Real, usable, but blunt for practice use. I went to some lessons with friends for about the weeks then stopped, and is gathered dust in the attic ever since!

I am too embarrassed to state the price even to close friends. I know they will laugh their head off. At least you could use the sword in the event of an emergency.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I feel a bit guilty about buying my esteve classical guitar a couple of years ago as I don't play it much.
£400 of dust gatherer. Should have bought a 12 string!

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Mont Blanc platinum fountain pen, i used it for about a week before deciding that a ball point is so much easier.
£450 has sat in the draw for 9 years now.

I am beginning to realise that I may have more regrets than I thought. I have just added an expensive fountain and a telescope to the list.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
A gas barbecue. We've never ever been big on barbecues but there was a gas barbie at our disposal on holiday in 2013. We used it once and thought, "ooh this is good". Came home and bought one. We've used it four times in 18 months. Still got the original canister on it.

I regretted buying a Rolex watch, then someone told me it was a rare variant of the Explorer 1 with promethium luminous paint instead of the usual (at the time) tritium, so it went for £silly and the money went on a good watch plus change and I felt less bad about being taken in by the advertising.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A cinema ticket to "There will be Blood".
Apparently, "Sprawling Epic" is supposed to be some kind of accolade
It robbed me of nearly three hours of my life. I could have watched a plank warp, FFS.:cry:

Colin_P

Guru
Nothing.

Because I only buy cheap shoot or old shoot and mend it.

Tell a lie, I bought a so called smart TV, an LG one a few years, probably three years ago from Richer Sounds. You cannot get Netflix on the damned thing. Bought a Panasonic Blueray player with a network connection for about £50 last year and the remote control even has a red Netflix button on it. Perfect piece of kit but has never had a disc put it in as yet.

I love that blueray player and all those years of plugging the laptop into the telly and being unable to browse the internet whilst watching telly (well Netflix) were incredibly annoying. Really enjoying the syncing up of the laptop through the net to youtube on it as well. My 14 year Son showed me that.

Bloody Smart TV, no, stupid TV.

[edit] the forum changes the word shoot to shoot LOL

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I regret buying a soft top car. It was nice to have but too expensive to run and when the 100 mile a week school run ended and the ones who i took out for rides in it either died or moved on it ended up stuck in front of the house for a year before i sold it for a fraction of what i paid for it.

Freds Dad

Veteran
An acoustic guitar. I bought it from a friend about this time last year with the intention of learning a musical instrument. All I have learnt is that I'm not musical so it's now gathering dust in the spare room.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Renault Megane - it was a Friday afternoon car, lots of little irritating things kept breaking. Never going to have a Renault again...

Top Bottom