Name the stuff that you regret ever buying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
Nothing.

Because I only buy cheap shoot or old shoot and mend it.

Tell a lie, I bought a so called smart TV, an LG one a few years, probably three years ago from Richer Sounds. You cannot get Netflix on the damned thing. Bought a Panasonic Blueray player with a network connection for about £50 last year and the remote control even has a red Netflix button on it. Perfect piece of kit but has never had a disc put it in as yet.

I love that blueray player and all those years of plugging the laptop into the telly and being unable to browse the internet whilst watching telly (well Netflix) were incredibly annoying. Really enjoying the syncing up of the laptop through the net to youtube on it as well. My 14 year Son showed me that.

Bloody Smart TV, no, stupid TV.

[edit] the forum changes the word shoot to shoot LOL
I could on for days about how bad the smart bit of a lot of smart TVs is. We have a Samsung one in the bedroom. It has a PS3 connected to it and we use that for catch up and Netflix. The TV isn't even connected to the network anymore. It is a good TV when used as just a TV though.

andyfraser

Über Member
10 John Player Blues and a box of matches - cost 86p multiplied by a factor of tens of thousands:ninja:

Otherwise, I must have used my sandwich toaster about 3 times in the years I've had it.
There's an old joke about buying a sandwich toaster and only using it 3 times. I love toasted sandwiches and used to use ours nearly every lunchtime when I was at home. I've asked for another one for Christmas this year.

There's an old joke about buying a sandwich toaster and only using it 3 times. I love toasted sandwiches and used to use ours nearly every lunchtime when I was at home. I've asked for another one for Christmas this year.

Could add sandwich toaster to the list for me too. I love them, makes awesome sandwiches and I'd eat them every day, but dear god the cleaning involved afterwards...

Got fed up with it and put it away, haven't used it for ages since

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Pretty much everything in the "buy cheap, buy twice" category. And a significantly non-cheap breadmaker which stopped baking the bread and just heated the dough.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
There's a few...

Endowment Mortgage
Pension Mortgage
Unit Trust Savings Plan

Triumph Bonneville (Meriden)
Citroen BX
Laverda Jota

Canyon full boinger mtb (think I've ridden it three times)

Case of wine which I swear wasn't what we had at the tasting (turned it into Xtmas presents)

Pair of Bertie shoes

vickster

Legendary Member
Another George foreman here, used once, although it was a desperation Christmas present to me so not too bad. It's very dusty!

Personally, I've probably wasted a lot of money on a lot of things over the years, cars especially!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There's a few...

Endowment Mortgage
Pension Mortgage
Unit Trust Savings Plan

Triumph Bonneville (Meriden)
Citroen BX
Laverda Jota

Canyon full boinger mtb (think I've ridden it three times)

Case of wine which I swear wasn't what we had at the tasting (turned it into Xtmas presents)

Pair of Bertie shoes
Did you know Laverda also made Combine Harvesters, I think they used them as a benchmark to judge vibration. :whistle: Especially on the original 180 degree motors.
I loved the SF/SFC models styled to look like the CB72/77 Honda.

Top Bottom