Nearly taken out by a coach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Am i missing something here sorry if i am these are 2 seperate incidents right by 2 different bus drivers ? what happened before the close pass of the 2nd video the double decker 1 ?? the driver seemed to be annoyed about something judging by his hand movements ?
I have no idea. I hadnt had any interaction with him beforehand and I passed him as he was stopped at a bus stop letting people off. You can see that I didnt cause any obstruction to him as there was a car in front which I was aware of.

The driver shouldn't have attempted the first OT but they did and IMO it had been better to drop back behind the bus then and not encourage the 2nd atrocious OT; life's simpler that way. When a bus pi$$es me off I try to tell my self that I'd rather have one bus on the road than a dozen cars/ school run mums.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Ahh right ok im a driver for work and i have to say i have no time for bus drivers at all rude arrogant un helpful and generally poor drivers (im sure there are some good ones around somewhere) but the majority i meet need a good kick up the ass.

I certainly dont envy you Matthew your standerd of bus driver in your area looks worse than the London ones !

Hope the least you get is an apology.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
When a bus pi$$es me off I try to tell my self that I'd rather have one bus on the road than a dozen cars/ school run mums.
Understandable but if a car goes into you, you will most likely end up on the bonnet and the driver of a car can see you more clearly.
If a bus goes into you, you are only going to go underneath it. And with the first overtake, I seriously doubt that the driver was looking in his mirror and watching what he was doing, he was concentrating on the roundabout.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I certainly dont envy you Matthew your standerd of bus driver in your area looks worse than the London ones !

Hope the least you get is an apology.
TBH it is just this company. I also have another double decker on file who passed me too close but didnt warrant a complaint to the company.

The Arriva buses in the area are quite good. I have a video on file where a bus overtook me 4 times on the same road (we were leapfrogging each other) and every pass was good. I thanked him on the last pass.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
TBH it is just this company. I also have another double decker on file who passed me too close but didnt warrant a complaint to the company.

The Arriva buses in the area are quite good. I have a video on file where a bus overtook me 4 times on the same road (we were leapfrogging each other) and every pass was good. I thanked him on the last pass.

Do you get the impression they might recognise you ? seems they might have it in for you a little from the vids you have posted :sad: hope its just random incidents but all seems a bit coincidental from what you are saying.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Do you get the impression they might recognise you ? seems they might have it in for you a little from the vids you have posted :sad: hope its just random incidents but all seems a bit coincidental from what you are saying.
It does seem like that. I know where the bus depot is but dont know if that is where the offices are (I suspect so) meaning that all of the drivers could possibly gather around one computer and watch the video for themselves.

If all of the drivers are "out to get me" then I will just gather all of the evidence and if complaining to the company doesnt work, take it to the police. I will then have a heafty amount of evidence against the company.

On a positive note, I do hope that this incident is resolved. I recall an incident with a van a while back and I made a complaint to them. The driver was the MD of the company and started critisizing my cycling. Stating that I was "all over the road" when he was never behind me.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Probably not, it not worth taking that risk, just drop back; as I said life is easier that way :thumbsup:
I agree. But things are different when you are actually there.
Just like my video GK03ZTM. When he first responded to me, I should have just cycled away. Strangely I actually saw the driver yesterday (th first time since the incident). Fortunately he didnt see me (I was stuck in traffic) but I am sure he would have "said a few things" if he had the chance (yu never know, he might have appologised).

mark st1

Plastic Manc
It does seem like that. I know where the bus depot is but dont know if that is where the offices are (I suspect so) meaning that all of the drivers could possibly gather around one computer and watch the video for themselves.

If all of the drivers are "out to get me" then I will just gather all of the evidence and if complaining to the company doesnt work, take it to the police. I will then have a heafty amount of evidence against the company.

On a positive note, I do hope that this incident is resolved. I recall an incident with a van a while back and I made a complaint to them. The driver was the MD of the company and started critisizing my cycling. Stating that I was "all over the road" when he was never behind me.

If the police dont offer much help mate you can allways fire off a snotty but polite letter to VOSA they take great deleight in making Britains roads safer and they wont hesitate in whipping away or restriciting operators licences. They also love to route through drivers records inspection records etc. Think of them as Veichle Nazis who love to do a thorough job. Even dropping there name into your next correspondance with the transport manager should get his bottom twitching :thumbsup:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/

mark st1

Plastic Manc
It wont be through the council mate unless they are owned by the council ? Every company in the land that operates for a commercial gain with goods/people carrying veichles has to have one by law no exceptions. However they can be a sub company and still run on another licence however Vosa are trying to get that part of things ruled out meaning every company runs on there own independant license. Every company has to name a director every company has to name a transport manager and qualified registerd mechnic/fitter. All of which can be held to book if the company is bought in to dissrepute by lack of maintanence lack of record keeping from drivers etc.

They dig deep in to companys and root out the shady practices from top to bottom including s**t drivers like the ones you have posted up. The world of the "proffesional driver" is changing at an alrming rate for the good though IMO.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have the details of the Managing Director of the company. Chris Owens.

The bus number isnt T1B as I read in the video, but TIB. A quick google of that number and it does come up in their fleet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/je1791/5765538113/

Bryan & Pat Owens.(Founders, Chris is Bryans' brother)
Operating centre in Llandudno
Another extensive maintenance and operating depot was opened in Rhyl.
Alpine Travel - Bus Operators And Stations in Rhyl LL18 2AD
Address:
Unit 4
Glan Y Morfa Industrial Estate
Marsh Road
Rhyl
Clwyd
LL18 2AD
01745 350 370

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/444105-Alpine-Llandudno-Llandudno
Why not post the Arriva videos, balance out what you're showing/posting

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Matthew, cariad bach, have you ever watched a football match? The referee awards a penalty to the home team; away fans claim that it was not a penalty, home fans say that it was a penalty and neutrals are divided so we have one incident and three or more opinions! The same applies to cycling ‘incident’ videos that you or anyone else posts.

There is only one person who can answer the question about reporting it to the police and that is YOU! You do not need peer approval. Before the internet and videos, we rode our bikes, made mistakes, got grazed knees, road rash and stained underwear from wet farts but we learned not to make that mistake again or some of us did!

You do not need others to tell you that your positioning, speed, etc. was wrong or do you? For most of us that bus incident would be out of our minds by the time we reached the roundabout but not for you; you let it eat into your brain and then you have to edit the video, upload to youtube and compose a post for here but we have not finished, have we? More time is spent replying to this thread and maybe more time wasted informing the Police and the bus company!

I know that you and others will say that if we do not complain, these ‘incidents’ will always happen. Murder has been illegal for years but since the first law was passed, how many murders have been committed?

Forget these ‘incidents’, get some miles in and concentrate on the way cycling puts smiles on your face!

Top Bottom