Neighbours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The now sadly departed Mr Maje whom i used to live next door to, frequently brought us a bucket of curry and a bucket of rice... and i mean a bucket of each! Since i know too many vegetarians, it was a case of calling every meat eater i know just so none of it went to waste (easier said than done). I'd be eating curry & rice for breakfast, dinner and tea, and for supper too for the best part of a week.... happy days.

gbb

Legendary Member
My neighbour often asks if ive trimmed her bush :ohmy::thumbsup:

She's of a similar age but has lung issues so I often do her very small front garden (ooer, im digging myself in deeper here:laugh:)..when I do mine.

And yes, theres a mischeivous grin on her face when she asks :tongue:..but its ok, the wife is usually there too.

Globalti

Legendary Member
On one side we have Geoff and Irene who are creaky but lovely. On the other poor Joanne whose husband has walked off leaving her with the three kids and really struggling to hold it together. The garden looks like a family of tinkers are in, but we love them.

We know many other people in our street and get on well with all of them. We have three guys named Chris who cycle and two named Dave and about four other cyclists that I know of. Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold.

I think we are very lucky: we live at the end of a small cul de sac, and all the neighbours look out for each other. Not in the sense of being nosy about what's going on, but just keeping an eye out to check that everyone is doing OK.

I think it helps that most of us have only moved in to the close in the last few months, so we are all more or less newbies together.....

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
More curry tonight ! In fact its nearly every day :thumbsup: But tonight was another knackered one so all the better . Just done myself a roast chicken and was debating if I should do a full roast or not . Opened the back door and chicken curry was on the menu . I dumped a load of my roast chicken in that and boiled up some rice , jobs a goodun !
I'm going to make friends with more neighbours as one is Thai and another is Chinese . There is another that's Scottish but they just eat dried blood and fish so i'll give that a miss .

We're moving house tomorrow, so we'll see what we get.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not an immediate neighbour, but...

Just pushing the bike up the path to the front door, and a voice from the pavement says: "Fixed?" My mind being elsewhere, I could manage no reply better than: "Sorry?" He turns out to be a fellow fixie enthusiast from up the road, who (after asking) came up the path and gave the bike a good once-over, among other things pointing out that the headset was loose - I hadn't noticed, but he was absolutely right. I asked if he still rode fixed, and he said yes, but now he 'only' has a Condor. (Love that 'only'!) Nice feller. Gave me his name & address, and said if I ever needed any tools I didn't have, there's a good chance he might be able to help out.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Now her as a neighbour would be the best !!!!!

885_Kylie_Minogue_m03.jpg

she could na na naaaa na na na naaaa naaaa all she wanted :wub:

I just can't get her out of my shed, my strimmer's all she thinks about !

Top Bottom