New bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Haven’t you got a tape measure? If you feel right on the Pinnacle you mention just transfer the measurements over and you’ll not be guessing what length stem.

It's a hybrid bike and a 19 inch frame and to be honest It feels a little small

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a hybrid bike and a 19 inch frame and to be honest It feels a little small
Next bike you buy, have a good long test ride :okay:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If the last bike you had was a flat bar bike it will feel strange even if it does fit you.It will take a fair bit of riding to get used to the different position.

At 6ft tall a 58cm road bike will be rideable though I suspect the 56cm would have been better .

80 cm stem would bring your hands back anything shorter would start to affect the handling.

Keep the original stem ,as your body adapts to the road bike position you may want to put it back on the bike later.
Good luck.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
IMG-20190219-WA0005.jpg
90mm stem hows it look guys

Adam4868

Guru
Dont overthink how it looks,how does it feel ? Im six feet and have a 56 and a 58 bike.Both fit fine.That doesnt look too big form here,only a ride and a bit of tweaking will tell.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Id rather be more upright tbh bit more relaxed

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Well just went for a quick spin, 5 mins.
Just cant get the gears moving smooth ok untill i actually ride it then they start playing up.

Its ALOT quicker than my hybrid!!! Blooming flys!

The pinnacle stems not ideal as there is a little play in the forks now, very small rattle so will have to get a road bike stem soon as i have the cash.

Also not sure if i have the hoods in the right position as 5 mins and have a blister on my palm by my thumb
20190219_182525.jpg
:sad:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'm the same size as the OP with long legs and I mostly ride 23"/23 1/2" Road and MTB frames, which in the case of one Raleigh MTB, has a TT length of 591 mm! However, I do not pander to the current stupid cyclist fashion of running a low bar height setting in relation to the saddle, as this increases the effective reach. I would suspect there are two likely causes to the OP's problem, firstly the stem is probably a bit too long, and secondly the bars are not set high enough.

Saddle height from the pedal spindle, when parallel to the seat tube, should be set to around 1.09 x Inside Leg measurement. Or saddle to BB centre set to 0.882 x Inside Leg.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well just went for a quick spin, 5 mins.
Just cant get the gears moving smooth ok untill i actually ride it then they start playing up.

Its ALOT quicker than my hybrid!!! Blooming flys!

The pinnacle stems not ideal as there is a little play in the forks now, very small rattle so will have to get a road bike stem soon as i have the cash.

Also not sure if i have the hoods in the right position as 5 mins and have a blister on my palm by my thumb
View attachment 453426
:sad:
Get some cycling gloves

Top Bottom