New Cannondale Slate..........a bit like Marmite I suspect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I should add that I was once told by a local group that I couldn't come on a ride that went along there as I didn't have a mountain bike. I found that photo and sent it to them without comment.
Presumably they've never heard of Paris-Roubaix or the Tour of Flanders either. Pretty sure I didn't see any mountain bikes in coverage of those (and the riders would have loved roads in that state)!

I don't like it mainly because of the leftie fork which I think is hideous on any bike. It must have some advantages as Cannondale have persevered with it but one of them is not looks.

Since the mid,possibly the early nineties.
So it must have some kind of major advantage to some riders.
But not good to look at .
Take it off that Slate and you have a pretty nice Dale

Venod

Eh up
Another Marmite Cannondale thing, the headshok fork, I liked mine, I could strip and repair it quite easily, internals a lot like a Lefty, do they still make them ?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yebbut - according to the marketing blokes (and they're nearly always blokes) you need a special 'gravel' bike for that....

And she isn't wearing a special 'gravel' helmet, which will be the next bit of a wheeze they come up with, mark my words.
I've already bought my gravel helmet............just in case I get the gravel bike. A snip at £249.99 :smile:

Top Bottom