New Cannondale Slate..........a bit like Marmite I suspect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I saw this new bike today (link below). Anyone else seen one? Any thoughts ?
Well its definitely different.
Its got drops and is more-or-less road bike style.
The one I saw was the base model which comes in at £2,500.00 smackers.
Its a "lefty". The single fork is suspension. The frame is alloy. Components are 105s.
Oh........the wheels are 650
It was TBF quite light for an alloy with suspension and I do think it will do well in a certain market.
The colour is erh, oh, umm, ahh.......imagine you had a very bad curry the night before :smile:
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/...QwAtH6peA_0iphmSiaT8aHEpT-F4PCcOlcaAg5s8P8HAQ

U

User19783

It's a great looking bike, and yep I would buy one.

But

This time next year, they will bring out the 700c version,

So I will wait.:okay:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Probably a bit of fun to ride but its a compromise whatever you use it for.I think my 2.5k is quite safe for the moment.

Venod

Eh up
I quite like it, I did a mod on my 26" wheeled Headshock frame so it would take 700c wheels, this reduced the suspension travel from 80mm to 60mm, I ran the Headshock pumped up a bit harder than recommend, it was a flyer, looking at some of my off road Strava sections I achieved better times on it than on my cross bike. I suspect The Slate would give similar results,

I don't like it mainly because of the leftie fork which I think is hideous on any bike. It must have some advantages as Cannondale have persevered with it but one of them is not looks.

Wafer

Veteran
Fair play to a brand like cannondale trying something different to the mass market stuff but I don't like it. Happy if others do and buy them though, would rather big brands take some risks and make some niche bikes than just pump out the usual styles.
They might hit on something novel and genuinely better.

Top Bottom