New cyclist, concerned about lycra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

I have shred away from current team cycle wear, but my wife bought me the Light Blue Sky team kit for Fathers Day, and tbh I don't even care about that these days. I am chuffed with the sentiment and would never complain about a gift, full stop. If somebody wants to judge over that, then the same logic applies IMHO.

This post completely contradicts itself.

I am judging you:smile:
Team kit is for the team!

bpsmith

Veteran
I used to agree, and probably wouldn't have purchased myself, but judging someone without knowing the context around their choice of clothing is rather shallow.

I don't class myself anywhere close to the Sky Team, that's just ridiculous, but I am wearing the kit as a love the gesture that my Wife and Son made.

Judge away, I can live with that.

U

User6179

I used to agree, and probably wouldn't have purchased myself, but judging someone without knowing the context around their choice of clothing is rather shallow.

I don't class myself anywhere close to the Sky Team, that's just ridiculous, but I am wearing the kit as a love the gesture that my Wife and Son made.

Judge away, I can live with that.

Wear what you want , am no the fashion polis :smile:

alans

black belt lounge lizard
The first time I tried on a Black XXXL Assos jacket I looked like a whale in a condom.
This would not have prevented me from buying it.It simply wasn't big enough & the shop had no larger size in stock.

So don't fret about what you look like.Just be sure to wear whatever you are comfortable in

bpsmith

Veteran
The first time I tried on a Black XXXL Assos jacket I looked like a whale in a condom.
This would not have prevented me from buying it.It simply wasn't big enough & the shop had no larger size in stock.

So don't fret about what you look like.Just be sure to wear whatever you are comfortable in

The sizing on kit is just plain ridiculous tbh. It's enough to put anyone off on its own.

sazzaa

I stopped caring what I looked like on a bike after about a month of cycling to work! Now I throw on whatever is on the "sportswear" shelf in my cupboard, and a yellow zip up waistcoat on top with black marks all round the waist because that's where my hiplock goes...

U

User6179

I stopped caring what I looked like on a bike after about a month of cycling to work! Now I throw on whatever is on the "sportswear" shelf in my cupboard, and a yellow zip up waistcoat on top with black marks all round the waist because that's where my hiplock goes...

Thought it was just me who had a sportswear shelf :thumbsup:

PaddyMcc

Über Member
Long live Lycra!
image.jpg

U

User6179

I'm thinking about sportswear boxes instead of a shelf, as everything just slides off as soon as you move one thing. Super annoying!

I have two big sportswear boxes as well , they plastic ones fae Argos but tends to be stuff I don't wear much ends up in em

Top Bottom