New cyclist, concerned about lycra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

I put the summer stuff at the top, the winter stuff at the bottom, and viceversa according to the season.
Summer stuff is at the bottom of the pile for most of the year :rain::cry:

Aye the joys of living in Scotland , 2 tops and a pair of bibs and the rest winter gear:sad:

sazzaa

Aye the joys of living in Scotland , 2 tops and a pair of bibs and the rest winter gear:sad:
I must be a freak, I have mostly summer stuff! Double figures is too warm for me, ha.

bigmig

I carry a bit (actually a lot) of extra timber. First off I though no way am i squeezing my frame into lycra. However after going out for my first rides in a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt I soon chnaged my mind and thought who cares what anyone else thinks, at least I am trying to exercise and do something about it !!!!

DWiggy

Über Member
When your on your bike no one will notice and even if they did your be gone and forgotten within seconds....unlike the some of the girls around here, size 18 walking about in belly top and leggings!! xx(

up hill struggle

1st 2 times i went out i wore track bottoms, thought they would be good enough for riding since they were nice & light, big mistake.

by the time i got off the bike they were really uncomfortable, far to warm to wear & rubbed my legs.

since then ive wore loose fitting knee length shorts, in 5'9" & just over 17st ive never liked the way i looked & only ever wore shorts for running about the house as i have a few massive big scares on my left knee from where it was put back together a few years back & don't like them to be seen by anybody but everytime i go out now in coming round more & more to the lycra idea as it just looks like it would be alot more comfortable & since ive raised my seat again even the shorts are rubbing on my upper leg and have at times squished the bits no fella wants to have squished (that being said i know there's fellas out there that pay goo money for that kind off treatment but each to there own)

i think im past the, im not wearing that. More at the, that looks comfortable i want some of that stage.

Top Bottom