New di2 shifter for mtb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No, its not just you. Im sure in terms of function it's A1, but wires, non existent styling...one gets the impression Shimano didn't invest a lot in the project. To be fair, it's probably not a huge earner for them.
Do two buttons need that much style.......its minimalist in its appearance, but huge in its function. Whats not to like......maybe you prefer this one

544087-877b10 - ISWE6010R.jpg

The middle button allows control of your garmin screens

Drago

Legendary Member
They don't need much style, but any style at all would have been nice.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The buttons look a bit close/small - how that works covered in mud whilst wearing muddy winter gloves I'm not sure.

Hmm, just don't get it. The rear mech is the 'most' damaged part on a MTB, and fitting a DI2 massively expensive mech on is is just asking for an expensive disaster. That and the fact that Shimano have a habit of altering standards (earlier Di2 road isn't compatible with the later models and it's not easy to get replacements for those systems).

I'm sure it's nice though, but I'll stick with wires. My SRAM MTB stuff works perfectly.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The buttons look a bit close/small - how that works covered in mud whilst wearing muddy winter gloves I'm not sure.

Hmm, just don't get it. The rear mech is the 'most' damaged part on a MTB, and fitting a DI2 massively expensive mech on is is just asking for an expensive disaster. That and the fact that Shimano have a habit of altering standards (earlier Di2 road isn't compatible with the later models and it's not easy to get replacements for those systems).

I'm sure it's nice though, but I'll stick with wires. My SRAM MTB stuff works perfectly.
Its a good job that my xt di2 expensive rear mech is on my even more expensive commuter ebike then and wont see any mtb duties at all. So dont have to worry about dirty gloves :okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So a simple lever has been replaced by two buttons and a wire, I guess that's progress?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So a simple lever has been replaced by two buttons and a wire, I guess that's progress?
Two simple ĺevers and 2 wires......replaced by 2 buttons and 1 wire, carrying a signal of its intent. The buttons and wire wont seize, brake or stretch. Therefore perfect shifts everytime. Thats progress in my book

I care for no one else's opinion

Top Bottom