New Doctor! Contains Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I think you mean, you hope she lives long and prospers

That's it! I'm always getting it confused with Space Trek...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
May the Force be with her!

Did I do it right?

I think you mean, you hope she lives long and prospers

That's it! I'm always getting it confused with Space Trek...

giphy.gif

Sandra6

Veteran
Time Lords are a species, and as such can be male or female, but I think it's always been a given that the Dr is a man.
They tried the cross gender thing with Missy, and she's a fantastic character, but I didn't want to see a female Dr.
Mostly because I think the writers are just giving in to social pressure to be PC, bit like having a token black guy or disabled person.
But, if they finally get round to writing a decent plot, I'll forgive them.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Time Lords are a species, and as such can be male or female, but I think it's always been a given that the Dr is a man.
They tried the cross gender thing with Missy, and she's a fantastic character, but I didn't want to see a female Dr.
Mostly because I think the writers are just giving in to social pressure to be PC, bit like having a token black guy or disabled person.
It has but maybe thats more through lack of imagination, this is scf fi. There is no reason that Dr cant be a she, as you said Missy was great. There have been 12 men so far, its about time for a woman to play the part.

If we had a few more black guys or disabled people maybe we will stop calling them tokens.

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
So far, we've had 12 white blokes in the role - the law of averages alone suggests that this regeneration has a fair chance of coming up female. It may mean different stories, and characters that can react to the Doctor differently (the Doctor being underestimated by his enemies has always been a fruitful source of interest in stories so far) it may just mean the same stories, played by someone who is, by all accounts, a fine actor.

The usual suspects have already trotted out the "PC box ticking" argument in less salubrious areas of the internet, as though they were being robbed by a ratio of 12:1 in favour of male actors in the role. The shame of it is that Whittaker is going to have to be insanely good in the role to win people over, more so than if they'd just stuck another white bloke in it.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 4883829, member: 45"]Katie Hopkins isn't happy about it. Whose side do you want to be on?[/QUOTE]
Probably hoping to get the call herself. The Doctor goes to Skaro, tells the Thals that they need to help themselves, pens an article about how the liberal left have dreadfully misunderstood the Kaleds, and leaves.

Top Bottom