New Project. Raleigh Scorpio.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
No home workshop is complete without a decent vice, I’ve got a 50 year old Woden “00” engineers vice, best thing I’ve ever bought, they’re about £30 off ebay.

View attachment 497339
Annoyingly I did have one, I inherited it about ten years ago but had no use for it so I gave it away.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
After a couple of aborted attempts to replace the bearings in the freewheel in the cold garage, I took advantage of The Fragant MrsP being out and brought all the gubbings into the kitchen and did it in the warm, sitting down at the table. Don’t tell.

All seems to working and the wheel has cleaned up well. Just the front wheel to do now then I can start putting the bike back together, that’ll have to wait until after Christmas.

ruffers

Veteran
Can’t wait for spring, I hate this time of year. I have another project lined up after this.
Can’t wait to see the finished article looks brilliant the work you’ve done so far

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Managed to get out to the garage for an hour or so today to clean up the front wheel, removed the tyre and tube cleaned the rims inside and out, the spokes and hub with a wire brush, wire wool, GT 85 and degreaser, cleaned the rust off the quick release and greased it.

That’s the last job now, hopefully tomorrow I can start putting the bike back together.

Top Bottom