New road tyres for my MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Want to replace my knobblies with something more road biased but I imagine my Rocky will look a bit crap with slimmer skinnier tyres. Have seen some MTB`s wearing Schwalbe Kojaks 26 x 2.0 and they look pretty good, but is this my only option ?

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Continental town and country 2.1 fast for a fat tyre

dim

Schwalbe Marathon Supreme .... I fitted a pair onto a 1980's Bridgestone MB-2 mountain bike that I converted with drop bars and bar end shifters ... I fitted the 2 inch version .... brilliant tyres but not cheap though

Before buying these, I was tempted at getting a pair of Compass Rat Trap Pass .... lots of very good reviews on these

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
The schwalbe are definitely faster than the Contis. Maybe a bit less capable if you pop offroad along your ride but for purely road they are a good bet.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Thanks all im convinced my Spesh Rockhopper will make a superb commuting weapon once I change the tyres as I just wasnt really using it offroad. Come summer I can always swap back to knobblies. I also think the Kojaks are the way to go in 26 x 2.00

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Want to replace my knobblies with something more road biased but I imagine my Rocky will look a bit crap with slimmer skinnier tyres. Have seen some MTB`s wearing Schwalbe Kojaks 26 x 2.0 and they look pretty good, but is this my only option ?
Shwalbe Big Apple's for me... they look cool, and they're comfy too :smile: 26x2.35 i think.

D

Deleted member 23692

Shwalbe Big Apple's for me... they look cool, and they're comfy too :smile: 26x2.35 i think.
2.35 is correct. I've got some Super Motos which are essentially the race version of Big apples but with folding beads.

Love em

2_zps3agrq2h5.jpg

2.35 is correct. I've got some Super Motos which are essentially the race version of Big apples but with folding beads.

Love em

2_zps3agrq2h5.jpg

You love the tyres,I love the rest of it :becool::laugh:
I can't make out what it is ,but I'm going to say............Pace ?
Nice and shiny whatever it is.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Well there on look pretty good I think. One problem though and its either an issue with manufacture or me but they wiggle a little on the move and you can feel it. Any thoughts ?

20161008_150410.jpg
20161008_150512.jpg

Onthedrops

Veteran
I have the original knobblys on my Trek 4500 and they're awful.
Stand up when climbing and all traction is lost.
The bike doesn't get much proper off road use, mainly road and steady trails.
Would I be as well getting some road type tyres similar to the Schwalbes above? Have to say they look pretty good and would look well on my Trek.

Top Bottom