New Scottish Bike Show Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gmac190

gmac190

Über Member
Just got that email too gmac, I reckon the 100 is doable for me too now at 8 hours instead of 7 :smile:

it's good they are listening to the folk that want to do it. It will also be good to see the profiles and elevation of the 100 route. What concerns me still is the amount of discussion regarding the road conditions :wacko: I'll probably enter anyway but it's sticking in my mind at the mo!

Seamab

Do you mean the A84? I've cycled the A85 from Lochearnhead to Comrie once and although busy it ICR it being too bad but I had an 80mph gale behind me.
You're right it was the A84. I came along the A85 from Comrie then took the scenic road along the south side of Loch Earn which then joins the A84. The A85 wasn't that busy compared to the A84. This was a Sunday afternoon mid summer.IIRC.

There is a cycle path that runs up the Callendar to Lochearnhead route but it's not great for skinny road bike tyres.

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Hmmm. 8 hours. I did the 100 mile Trossachs Ton this year in 9 hours (first sportive ever and longest ride ever for me) and this looks like a tougher ride. I have mapped it out on mapmyride so you can see elevation if you're interested.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/59639694

I think I'll enter the 65 miler for this one as a prelude to doing the Trossachs Ton again. (Plus I was miffed that the Ton missed out Loch Katrine this year so the 65 miler would make up for it.)

Col5632

Guru
When does the trossachs ton take place?

Grizzly

Hmmm. 8 hours. I did the 100 mile Trossachs Ton this year in 9 hours (first sportive ever and longest ride ever for me) and this looks like a tougher ride. I have mapped it out on mapmyride so you can see elevation if you're interested.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/59639694

I think I'll enter the 65 miler for this one as a prelude to doing the Trossachs Ton again. (Plus I was miffed that the Ton missed out Loch Katrine this year so the 65 miler would make up for it.)

This is only available to your friends, unfortunately I can not count myself as one of them.

Top Bottom