New Scottish Bike Show Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tomba

Good luck to everybody doing the ride this weekend, hope the weather is kind :sun::thumbsup:

You still going for it?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well well, it sounds like you all have been getting prepared for this!

I'd have loved to have done it, but I have been busy with other things and, well, 65 miles would just about kill me right now never mind 100!

Enjoy and I apologise to you Tomba as I said I'd go on a training run with you, but as I say, other things have got in the way here.
You sound like you will be fine anyway, you don't need me!

Tomba

Well well, it sounds like you all have been getting prepared for this!

I'd have loved to have done it, but I have been busy with other things and, well, 65 miles would just about kill me right now never mind 100!

Enjoy and I apologise to you Tomba as I said I'd go on a training run with you, but as I say, other things have got in the way here.
You sound like you will be fine anyway, you don't need me!

Douglas, the 65 might do me in too. I was doing fine up till last week and had a wee bit of a cold and never got much riding done so i'm taking it easy :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ok, but just think yourself lucky it is just a cold. When I did the Pedal For Scotland run a couple of years back, I managed the 51 miles in just over 2 hours, including stops, but unknown to me I was seriously ill at the time and ended up in hospital for the best part of a month after that, complete with emergency surgery. The works!!
Paisley is somewhere I don't want to visit ever again! ^_^ But I'll have to for the reversal operation over the summer.

Once you get going you'll be ok, and I always find that cycling in a group helps, because you always have someone to try and catch/chase/pace. You always have a bum in front to chase as it were!

By the way, what do you ride?? I'll try and look out for you!

Tomba

By the way, what do you ride?? I'll try and look out for you!

White Cannondale Synapse :smile:

edindave

Über Member
How did everyone get on then?
It was a glorious (if a bit chilly) day so no tan lines to show off. :sun::cold:

My Garmin stats

I really enjoyed it. Thought it was a strange route and on some really dodgy roads. Not sure I would do it again. No memento either. Nor any goodies. Just... a bag! (OK it did contain a pencil and something that resembles a pipe cleaner which I'm sure will come in handy some day).

McDonalds was conveniently close to the finish, which was nice! :mrpig:

Tomba

Nice one Dave. I managed just over 5 for the 65 and I was knackered and sore. But actually feel ok today. I really need to get in some hill training. I was trying to pace myself up the hills and was being passed by almost everyone. I did manage to catch and pass most of them on the descents and flats.

I did ok going up the pipe track and Dukes Pass (1st time ever) but the route round Loch Katrine was a bugger, no chance of getting in to any kind of rhythm it was a constant up/down which kind of done me in a bit.

Then the pipe track north to south was a killer. Probably not the steepest or longest of climbs but being able to see all the hurt stretched in to the horizon was nasty.

How'd you like the Glen Fruin climb?

65 is my longest ride, only done a 52 before so i'm pleased with that and even more pleased that MacMillan Cancer Support benefited with over £600 in donations :smile:

Col5632

Guru
Nice one Dave. I managed just over 5 for the 65 and I was knackered and sore. But actually feel ok today. I really need to get in some hill training. I was trying to pace myself up the hills and was being passed by almost everyone. I did manage to catch and pass most of them on the descents and flats.

I did ok going up the pipe track and Dukes Pass (1st time ever) but the route round Loch Katrine was a bugger, no chance of getting in to any kind of rhythm it was a constant up/down which kind of done me in a bit.

Then the pipe track north to south was a killer. Probably not the steepest or longest of climbs but being able to see all the hurt stretched in to the horizon was nasty.

How'd you like the Glen Fruin climb?

65 is my longest ride, only done a 52 before so i'm pleased with that and even more pleased that MacMillan Cancer Support benefited with over £600 in donations :smile:

:bravo:Awesome going :thumbsup: Not only for completing the ride but raising so much money for such a worthwhile cause :biggrin:

Top Bottom