New Set of Disc Wheels..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Is that like a 'vampire' thing? They cannot enter your house unless you invite them in?
No- its a case of "don't prod a hornets nest and expect a butterfly to come out"

Wafer

Veteran
To be fair, it's difficult to stay serious once Jowwy has dive-bombed the thread in his usual polite, respecful way...

No, it started with one of cyclist33s condescending posts, the first reply in fact. Not a very good way to try and make the point followed by surprise that people don't react well to that kind of language, and the threads been a train wreck ever since

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Actually Wafer its been a train wreck ( great expression by the way ) ever since I decided to buy the Trek in the first place, all the information I got from Trek, bikeradar, CC, evanscycles and others have all put facts down that are just big porkies.. Given the right info in the first place I wouldn't have got the Domane but having said that it is a bloody good bike just a shame about the weight.
I think I have two options I can shave some weight of by new wheels and a few other bits or take a hit and sell the bike and start again.. I don't want to sell the bike the bike is a good bike.. decisions, decisions.
PS But I now know the difference between 6 hole discs and centrelock discs..lol

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Actually Wafer its been a train wreck ( great expression by the way ) ever since I decided to buy the Trek in the first place, all the information I got from Trek, bikeradar, CC, evanscycles and others have all put facts down that are just big porkies.. Given the right info in the first place I wouldn't have got the Domane but having said that it is a bloody good bike just a shame about the weight.
I think I have two options I can shave some weight of by new wheels and a few other bits or take a hit and sell the bike and start again.. I don't want to sell the bike the bike is a good bike.. decisions, decisions.
PS But I now know the difference between 6 hole discs and centrelock discs..lol
no need to sell it boon - just do a few upgrades that you feel is required to get the bike how you want it.....some companies just dont put all the correct specs out for every bike and that's what cause some of the issues for the prospective buyer.

get a set of wheel's you like, shod them with the gp4000s that you already use and enjoy it

Cyclist33

I'm just waiting for Trek to bring out their new models, the Trek Moaned and the Trek Daemon.

The Daemon is for people who post really competitive tt times in their signatures. The Moaned is for those who complain to the moderators because they can't understand a joke.

potsy

Rambler
Kindergarten springs to mind. Its a cycling forum, not a place of mythical bears, quarries etc.

Its a shame really, you guys ARE very knowledgeable but you can't be taken seriously, you do yourselves a great disservice.

I'm just waiting for Trek to bring out their new models, the Trek Moaned and the Trek Daemon.

The Daemon is for people who post really competitive tt times in their signatures. The Moaned is for those who complain to the moderators because they can't understand a joke.

I think that's point proven @gbb :biggrin:

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom