New Set of Disc Wheels..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No it doesn't, although I'm glad the op has now done a bit more research of their own.

It does indicate that my original stab in the dark of 2.2 kg was about right, and so to get down towards 8.5 Kg you've got to shed a kg off the wheels. Or more. Good luck!
You stated the bontrager wheels were 1720kgs, mr boon weighed the wheels and proved you wrong.....now go play with your meccano like a good little boy and let the adults talk properly ;)

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
No it doesn't, although I'm glad the op has now done a bit more research of their own.

It does indicate that my original stab in the dark of 2.2 kg was about right, and so to get down towards 8.5 Kg you've got to shed a kg off the wheels. Or more. Good luck!

As I have proved I did do some research but that told me porkies.. I never mentioned 8.5kg but 9kg would be a more easier target.. 700 g lighter wheels should be an able target.

Cyclist33

You stated the bontrager wheels were 1720kgs, mr boon weighed the wheels and proved you wrong.....now go play with your meccano like a good little boy and let the adults talk properly ;)
If by adults you mean ignorant people then I'm quite happy numptying around with my meccano.

Yes I have been proved wrong about the bont stock weight, as I did ask someone to do that it hardly constitutes disappointment. Doesn't alter the fact that to get close to the Emondas ace climbing weight required wheels of incredible lightness. I did have a look for some but we're looking for around 0.2 kg for the pair, and I couldn't find any.

However, if the mavic ones are 700 g lighter that will bring bike weight down to 9 or 9.3 kg. So a nice light carbon bike for your £2,400 or equivalent-ish.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
If looking to spend kysirium pro money - then look at the rx830 from shimano as they will be centre lock disc, so no need to spend extra on new discs

Or go the full shamonka and get zipp, fwd, enve, reynolds as the all make nice carbon disc wheels :okay:

Just looked at them rx830 and they state 140mm rotors and mine are 160mm so would they still fit and what are the weights of the wheels as they are not stated do you know?

Last edited:

jowwy

Just looked at them rx830 and they state 140mm rotors and mine are 160mm so would they still fit and what are the weights of the whells as they are not stated do you know?
I believe they are around 1800grammes if bike radar are right with their wheel wheights

jowwy

Just looked at them rx830 and they state 140mm rotors and mine are 160mm so would they still fit and what are the weights of the wheels as they are not stated do you know?
It means you can go as low as 140mm rotors, so 160's are fine - chainreaction have them at 600 nicker at the moment instead of 749 :okay:

Rose bikes have them at 550

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
If you talk about a subject you have to explore all angles.. I did start on what type of disc fits what wheel and that turned into some debate on wheels, but why not.. discs are connected to wheels.. lol

Top Bottom