New Tiagra STIs - shims with bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi. Does anyone know whether new bikes supplied with Tiagra levers also come with the shims that can be used to adjust reach, which you get if you buy it as a groupset? The LBS doesn't know, and although they'll upgrade the levers to the R700 reach-adjustable ones if we pay the difference, I'd rather avoid this if poss.

And if they don't, has anyone bought the groupset and has the shims going spare?

Cheers

chris42

I just got a pinnicle from evans as a winter bike, it has Tigra but def no shims with it.

First post here, so be kind!

Just bought a Country Explorer from the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op and it has Tiagra fitted. No shims fitted but they gave me the thin shims (4mm) and they will supply the thick ones (8mm) if i need them.

killiekosmos

Veteran
I bought a Giant SCR 2 last year. It came with the shims - it took me a wee while to work out what they were. I fitted them and it made a big difference to by braking.

OP
OP
S

Stick on a Giant

Crackle, no, the other sizes don't fit, but the LBS has now confirmed that they can get hold of the required shims, so Mrs G will be able to stop going down hills now.

Thanks for comments.

Top Bottom