New to the forum, and cycling. Need some guidance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Oddbot

Oddbot

Regular
Bought a new saddle, bike lock, and mirror. My bum is happy to not have to sit on that out dated 70's turd.

OP
OP
Oddbot

Oddbot

Regular
Lol to see behind me of course, turning my head back while going full tilt is a bit hazardous ive found.

Edit: also I'm a narcissist and love looking at myself and throwing autographed pictures to strangers on the sidewalks.

OP
OP
Oddbot

Oddbot

Regular
Upgraded my crankset hardware to grade 8. Also got the pie dish off my old wheel and I'm going glassbead it then paint it black. Finally going to have the shop install it on the back wheel.
eqa9uvy5.jpg

Edit: also cute picture of me, my lady, and my bike.
ve6yvura.jpg

OP
OP
Oddbot

Oddbot

Regular
Does anyone have a good suggestion on a reasonably price aerodynamic frame? I'm going to be in market for my next bike this summer and I want to read up on what's out there.

OP
OP
Oddbot

Oddbot

Regular
I'm not a hundred percent sure about fixed just yet. I was looking at the s5 possibly if I was to get a multi speed.

Edit: Just got back from a short ride. That has to be the fastest I've went on this bike, 28 mph tops and 15 base line. That's 3 mph faster than my last record and well I thought my legs would give out but I stayed true and worked through it. Also ended up vomiting on my cool down ride around the parking lot.

Edit edit: just got back from a 6.5 mile around the area with my lady. This should put me at around 13 miles today rough estimate.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
I'd give it a couple of months before thinking about changing things, if your fit & flexible, fixed can really make you feel good about yourself. Having said that, if you're not sure about fixed try a single speed freewheel.
If you want to go fast, then it has to be a 'road bike'.

OP
OP
Oddbot

Oddbot

Regular
I have come to the conclusion that I am unable to do a skid stop due to my tire compound/tread design. The Michelin dynamic sport tires are more or less from what I can tell a entry level slick. It's like putting drag racing slicks on the back of my miata and attempting a burnout. Lack of power + to much grip = failure to skid. Not that is a important goal but I couldn't figure it out until recently.

Also back to one job so the money to upgrade certain parts is being saved instead. This makes me sad in the fact my pants leg gets caught on the pins in my pedal arms.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Also back to one job so the money to upgrade certain parts is being saved instead. This makes me sad in the fact my pants leg gets caught on the pins in my pedal arms.

What you need is some good old cycle clips rounds the bottom of your trousers (pants), problem solved. Very fashionable too!

Top Bottom