Newly refurbished single speed vintage Dawes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHL67

Veteran
IMG_2826.JPG
IMG_2827.JPG
IMG_2828.JPG
IMG_2829.JPG
IMG_2830.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG
IMG_2835.JPG
Vintage 1952 Dawes Windrush refurbished into a fantastic single speed with flip flop rear wheel.
531 frame.
Size of frame is 57cm.
SR crank. Sakae handlebar stem.
Engraved bars.
Vittoria tyres.
New cables & bar tape.
New chain.
Original head badge.
Please see pictures for condition.
This bike is for sale. NOW SOLD.
Message me if interested.
Many thanks

Last edited:

Old Boy in Spain

IMG_20180420_124849.jpg

Old Boy in Spain

This is my old Freddie Grubb bike. I've owned it for about 40 years. Back in the 70s I repainted it and had new wheels made up with tub tyres. Sadly it has been neglected since thatn time. However I have just got it back on the road after several years of doing nothing. I´m enjoying riding it again, despite the scruffy appearance. Also I weighed it. About 8 kilos. Pretty amazing for its age. It seems to need a bit more effort to get it going now, compared to when I last restored it. Of course it can't be anything to do with me being 40 odd years older!! I would like some help with dating it. I understand that the badge was used from about 54 to 63. I will try and post some pictures of the lugs etc. Any further advice would be appreciated.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This is my old Freddie Grubb bike. I've owned it for about 40 years. Back in the 70s I repainted it and had new wheels made up with tub tyres. Sadly it has been neglected since thatn time. However I have just got it back on the road after several years of doing nothing. I´m enjoying riding it again, despite the scruffy appearance. Also I weighed it. About 8 kilos. Pretty amazing for its age. It seems to need a bit more effort to get it going now, compared to when I last restored it. Of course it can't be anything to do with me being 40 odd years older!! I would like some help with dating it. I understand that the badge was used from about 54 to 63. I will try and post some pictures of the lugs etc. Any further advice would be appreciated.

@Old Boy in Spain this bike deserves its own thread , so please start one in the vintage and classics section with loads of pictures we can all drool over

Top Bottom