@Nickyboy's Leeds to Scarborough Spectacular, brought to you by @I like Skol. 8th Sept 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Seeing as how some of you have managed to make bike reservations i think i had better try again sooner rather than later. Perhaps i will try a different station where a different ticket clerk might give me a different result?
You can book online if you use hull trains website.... Itsxthe only one ive found that lets you reserve cycle spaces.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Sorry guys, this may affect the traveling to/from the ride for various folk :sad: https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-confirms-further-strike-dates-on-northern-rail/

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The National Rail journey planner is now warning about the strike. It says something about claiming compensation if journeys 'cannot be completed' due to the industrial action. If @Littgull and I can't make it we will have to see if we can claim refunds.

The action planned for the date of @Julia9054's Knaresborough ride got cancelled but I didn't notice so I missed the ride. This time I will keep checking for updates until the 7th September.

The National Rail journey planner is now warning about the strike. It says something about claiming compensation if journeys 'cannot be completed' due to the industrial action. If @Littgull and I can't make it we will have to see if we can claim refunds.

The action planned for the date of @Julia9054's Knaresborough ride got cancelled but I didn't notice so I missed the ride. This time I will keep checking for updates until the 7th September.

Oh, that will be a big disappointment if @ColinJ and myself can't make this ride due to the uncertainty of getting the train we have already booked and paid for. It has now become a major headache travelling anything further than a few local miles by train with bikes. That is not in any way a criticism of the train operator employees. They all deserve medals for enduring a constant bucket load of stress from the incompetent privatised train franchise companies and management. Not to mention the equal incompetence of the present government with their transport policy and handling of the mess!

Our transport infrastructure and operation of it must be an absolute laughing stock to visitors from other countries.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I believe there are more talks planned next week, so there is a chance that these strike dates will be called off, but Northern will have to be seen to be taking the talks more seriously than the last ones. If I hear anything more I'll keep you all updated :okay:

tommaguzzi

Über Member
oh NIcky i have just seen this thread but unfortunatly i dont think i'll be up for it. i have had a lot of bad stuff happen to me at the end of last year and first 4 months of this one so i've had almost a year off the bike (or any exercise at all really). i turned 60 this year and had blown up like Rick Hatten inbetween fights. i was fatter than i've ever been in my life and although now i am working hard at it, it's taking me longer than i expected to get back up to speed again.
however...... tonight i think i found my ride for next years llandudno event.
latest find aug 2018.jpg

si_c

Guru
oh NIcky i have just seen this thread but unfortunatly i dont think i'll be up for it. i have had a lot of bad stuff happen to me at the end of last year and first 4 months of this one so i've had almost a year off the bike (or any exercise at all really). i turned 60 this year and had blown up like Rick Hatten inbetween fights. i was fatter than i've ever been in my life and although now i am working hard at it, it's taking me longer than i expected to get back up to speed again.
however...... tonight i think i found my ride for next years llandudno event. View attachment 424386

The Scarborough ride is much easier than the Llandudno one - it's almost entirely flat (~80mi, 2000ft), and the prevailing wind is generally favourable!

On the other hand if you ride that Apollo on the Llandudno ride next year, I'd be seriously impressed?/bemused!/concerned. (delete as applicable).

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Si c. I have done the CC scarbro ride before so i know it is relatively easy but honestly I am not the man I was and can bearly manage 30 miles at the moment.
As I said I am better now and working hard so Llandudno on the BSO is my target.
I'll look forward to meeting you again next year.

wanda2010

Guru
Even though I can't make this ride cos attending a wedding, I'm still lurking. Hope the train situation(s) work out for those affected and I look forward to bringing up the rear next year, where I expect my mental age will decrease whilst my physical age continues to rise :smile::hello:

Buck

Guru
Sorry but neither me or Gil will now be doing the ride. I have been in hospital today and going in again next week and certainly wont be ride fit for this one.

Hope everybody has a great ride and illl look forward to reading about your antics!

Top Bottom