Ninja Cyclists / High Viz / lack of lights - your opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Bonacentral

Hahahha - got me gone from this site!! Cheers guys

Should I whinge and complain of just let people know that it's a bit of an insular site....

Hmm

Drago

Legendary Member
Braces-yoursleves-madness.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm sure very few on here think that riding a bike on the road in the dark with no lights is sensible, but the cyclists made that choice and fortunately they were visible enough thanks to street and vehicle lights that no harm presumably came to them :smile:

As for riding with lights during the day, I see no point on a bike. If a driver can't see a large adult atop a bike, a small light in daytime isn't going to make diddly difference imo

motorcycles maybe as they tend to be ridden much faster, also while filtering. Indeed at excessive speeds if the pillocks round here who think the local 40mph dual carriageway is actually a moto GP circuit are anything to go by :angry:

Tin Pot

Guru
Last night I was driving on a dual carriageway at 11.45PM and passed a couple of tools on road bikes riding 2 abreast. All in black, not a single light between them!!

Miraculously, you saw them...do you have some kind of supervision, or maybe eat a huge amount of carrots - what is your secret?!

I hope you honked your horn and yelled at them to get in single file, the cheek of them!!

Constructive reply:

I've ninja'd twice in the last week. Arrived at my destination to find despite my best efforts, one of my lights was not illuminated.

Also, if I was out later than expected and found myself a distance from home without lights, I might end up on a DC if there was no better route. If I was there, I'd take primary as your best chance of being seen is to appear in the middle of the headlights.

Tin Pot

Guru
@jefmcg I think bona flounced off the site an hour ago as above. I would've thought the response to his/her previous thread would've made 'em think about opening their mind to alternative world views but apparently not.

On another note I've been asked to wear hi viz while running (!) as part of my run clubs "Health and Safety" rules. I foresee a completely black kit next Tuesday evening...

Top Bottom