Ninja Cyclists / High Viz / lack of lights - your opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I don't suppose one of the riders had a beard per chance?

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Cool.

Cycling | Drawing | Cats | Killie | Scotland

"...so clever it makes me angry" - jefmcg

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Pass it here when you've finished

Great opinions - cheers!!!

Apologies for offending the regulars on here. Can see you are all chums.

It's cool - I now understand cyclists a lot more and the cliques that they enjoy
Perhaps if you hadn't referred to some cyclists as tools and idiots and to ridiculous hi-viz, you might have had more sympathetic responses. Lights during daylight are rarely necessary unless there is very poor visibility. Maybe the tools on road bikes had got lost and stayed out longer than they intended, that's why they didn't have lights.

AndyRM

XOXO
One of these @classic33?

adult-adjustable-knight-helmet.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
More likely to bear the load of a car than plastic hat, I'll give it that.

Wait wait wait!

This will be relegated to the Helmet debate if anyone posts 'helmet' one more time!

...Doh.
Just put indicators either side of the periscope and everything is covered then.

Hi,

I use my lights day and night, bit like a motorbike. I have a flashing PDW 200 or 450 front Smart front light and use a rear Smart R1 on flash even on a lovely day.
Costs me next to nothing and just seems like sense to me.
Last night I was driving on a dual carriageway at 11.45PM and passed a couple of tools on road bikes riding 2 abreast. All in black, not a single light between them!!
I constantly see people wearing ridiculous high viz clothes and all the gear - apart from the legal requirement of having adequate lights when conditions dictate.
Do you have lights and use them or do you think looking like a worker wearing high viz excuses you?
Admittedly I do see more sensible light users than I did a year ago and people using them day or night.
Unfortunately the majority do seem to be idiots who use no lights whatsoever.
I don't live in a major city but a large town. What's your experience and opinion?

I don't see the point of using lights in broad daylight.

I use a hi-vis 'jacket' most of the time when the weather is cool. I've used it while using lights too!

I've always thought cycling on a dual carriageway is illegal, but I guess it isn't. You won't catch me on them, it's too dangerous.

I can't stand flashing lights on a bike, but I may consider using them myself at some point.^_^

I see quite a few cyclists out on the road with no helmet, I wish them luck when they run in to a car (no not really).

Top Bottom