1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No light record??

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by bianco, 17 Dec 2007.

1. bianco

bianco New Member

This isn't intended to pi$$ anyone off, but I think I've hit a record of 6 miles without any lights, 2 roundabouts that are always empty.

Its a pretty smooth run with the exception of me being late and hitting the school traffic.

Can anyone beat 6 miles no lights??

2. What a naughty person! Get thee to Arches office for a proper spanking!

3. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

If Arch isn't there Brock might be deputising. :wacko:

T x

4. andygates

andygates New Member

City boy. :wacko:

5. Maz

Maz Guru

Well, I've been 12 miles with no lights...then again, it was broad daylight and I didn't need them. :wacko:

6. I rode from Oxford to Hereford in the dark in pissing rain into a head wind in December with only a pair of 'Wonder-lights', does that count?

7. andygates

andygates New Member

Showing your age there!

8. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

I can do just about 4.5 miles without coming across a set of traffic lights. If I got a bit more involved with routing I might be able to extend that. Let me go have a play on the map.

9. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Looks like I could get that to 7.8 miles with a bit of effort...

10. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Hold on a minute, is it just me or is there a little confusion in this thread :wacko:

Are we talking no lights, as in no traffic lights, or no lights as in the cateye/ayup variety?

:biggrin::wacko:

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Oh. I read the OP and thought it meant finding a route that had no traffic lights, and I was going to say go to Orkney, they don't have a single set on the whole archipeligo.

If it's riding without lights for 6 miles (in the dark), that's very naughty. And being Tuesday, I have my whip with me... (well, I would have, but I left it at the stables last week, but I have it in spirit...):evil:

12. Cab

Cab New Member

I couldn't work that out either. Glat it isn't just me!

13. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

For me with no bike lights and no traffic lights, 200yards maybe?

London sucks.

T x

14. If its the distance before Traffic lights I only get 1.5 miles after leaving my flat, after then the lights are more frequent.

If its the distance without bike lights in the dark. I push the bike through the close without them on but that only be 20 yrds or so.

15. OP
    OP
    bianco

bianco New Member

Sorry guys...

I meant traffic lights, I don't travel any where without lights :biggrin: