No Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Hurrah!! No lights coming home last night (after a full day BonJ;)) and not needed this morning as there was glorious sunshine. The winds which propelled me to a personal best last night have died down and life is good. Well it would be if idiots in cars would wake up! Landrover pulling out from some local shops travelling in same direction as me, doesn't look, ignores a continuous blast of the airzound drives straight across the road into the cycle lane I'm in. Fortunately I predicted what he was going to do and braked in time. Still as I said the sun is shining and life is good and I'm damned if I'm going to let a deaf dumb and blind cager spoil it:biggrin:.

I don't need lights in the morning now but the evening is still touch and go depending what time I leave the office.

Maz

Guru
Probably worth hanging on to the lights just a tad longer, in case you had a puncture etc on the way home from work.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Maz said:
Probably worth hanging on to the lights just a tad longer, in case you had a puncture etc on the way home from work.

Yes agree totally, they will be fitted for a while yet, just not needing to turn them on was a joy.

Tynan

Veteran
leave mine on for all journeys, I think they're bright enough to add to visibility

and there's always dull days

domtyler

Über Member
Tynan said:
leave mine on for all journeys, I think they're bright enough to add to visibility

and there's always dull days

DRL will almost certainly make you a hazard both to yourself and others. Combined with DayGlo apparel you are turning the roads into a killing field. :angry:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
And did you see that study that found DRL resulted in slightly more accidents for motorcycles than no DRL?

gavintc

Guru
Well I noticed that on my morning ride through Glasgow I am getting far more cars turning across in front of me now that I don't have the lights on. I have had the odd very close thing in the last couple of weeks. 2 wheels slides in the wet, whilst some dozy prat cuts turns across me is not fun.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Daytime running lights. I know, that study was a bit of an eye opener for me. I used to have my lights on all the time on my motorcycle, also in the belief that would improve my personal safety.

domtyler

Über Member
BentMikey said:
Daytime running lights. I know, that study was a bit of an eye opener for me. I used to have my lights on all the time on my motorcycle, also in the belief that would improve my personal safety.

What M/B do you have BM?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Not any more mate, but I used to have a 1972-ish Suzuki GS400B. She was old even then, but I loved that bike dearly and did close on 100,000km on her in Southern Africa. Excellent comfort, good fuel economy and could cruise at 140km/hour all day.

Top Bottom