1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Lights

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Wolf04, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Wolf04

Wolf04 New Member

Hurrah!! No lights coming home last night (after a full day BonJ;)) and not needed this morning as there was glorious sunshine. The winds which propelled me to a personal best last night have died down and life is good. Well it would be if idiots in cars would wake up! Landrover pulling out from some local shops travelling in same direction as me, doesn't look, ignores a continuous blast of the airzound drives straight across the road into the cycle lane I'm in. Fortunately I predicted what he was going to do and braked in time. Still as I said the sun is shining and life is good and I'm damned if I'm going to let a deaf dumb and blind cager spoil it:biggrin:.

2. I don't need lights in the morning now but the evening is still touch and go depending what time I leave the office.

3. Maz

Maz Guru

Probably worth hanging on to the lights just a tad longer, in case you had a puncture etc on the way home from work.

4. Wolf04

Wolf04 New Member

Yes agree totally, they will be fitted for a while yet, just not needing to turn them on was a joy.

5. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

leave mine on for all journeys, I think they're bright enough to add to visibility

and there's always dull days

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Going to and from work without lights is always good as it means the warmer weather is not so far behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Maz

Maz Guru

Do you also drive a Volvo?

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

DRL will almost certainly make you a hazard both to yourself and others. Combined with DayGlo apparel you are turning the roads into a killing field. :angry:

9. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

And did you see that study that found DRL resulted in slightly more accidents for motorcycles than no DRL?

10. Maz

Maz Guru

Er...DRL? Wassat? (I bet Tynan knows).

11. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Disease ridden layabout.

12. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Well I noticed that on my morning ride through Glasgow I am getting far more cars turning across in front of me now that I don't have the lights on. I have had the odd very close thing in the last couple of weeks. 2 wheels slides in the wet, whilst some dozy prat cuts turns across me is not fun.

13. BentMikey

Daytime running lights. I know, that study was a bit of an eye opener for me. I used to have my lights on all the time on my motorcycle, also in the belief that would improve my personal safety.

14. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

What M/B do you have BM?

15. BentMikey

Not any more mate, but I used to have a 1972-ish Suzuki GS400B. She was old even then, but I loved that bike dearly and did close on 100,000km on her in Southern Africa. Excellent comfort, good fuel economy and could cruise at 140km/hour all day.