No Ruddy Idea But Here Goes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
A 36 pack of crisps for £3.49, 6 Racer bars (Snickers) for 69p and 20 Carlsberg for £11.99.

I wonder how many miles you would have to ride to burn off all the calories contained in that lot?

OP
OP
Serge

Serge

Über Member
Two nice developments today.

First, yet another package!
DSC_1085.JPG

With one very impatient girl desperate to rip it open.
DSC_1087.JPG

A Coleman Coastline 3 tent, incredibly generously donated by my cycle touring guru @HobbesOnTour. Once again, thank you so much for your generosity.

Next, just as I'm about to let Poppy loose on the box, I get a phone call from the powder coaters to let me know the frame is ready for collection. Woo hoo!

So here we go. I'll be picking it up after work tomorrow (don't worry, plenty of piccys to come) meaning the only thing stopping me now is my own ineptitude.

Two nice developments today.

First, yet another package!

With one very impatient girl desperate to rip it open.

A Coleman Coastline 3 tent, incredibly generously donated by my cycle touring guru @HobbesOnTour. Once again, thank you so much for your generosity.

Next, just as I'm about to let Poppy loose on the box, I get a phone call from the powder coaters to let me know the frame is ready for collection. Woo hoo!

So here we go. I'll be picking it up after work tomorrow (don't worry, plenty of piccys to come) meaning the only thing stopping me now is my own ineptitude.

Wow! That was fast!
Hopefully that's an omen for the speed of the rest of your endeavour! ^_^

Get the bike up & running and take that little impatient domino champion out for a night or 2 camping!

Enjoy!

OP
OP
Serge

Serge

Über Member
Wow! That was fast!
Hopefully that's an omen for the speed of the rest of your endeavour! ^_^

Get the bike up & running and take that little impatient domino champion out for a night or 2 camping!

Enjoy!
That is certainly the plan, she can't wait.

I'm up at three in the morning to see off my two ladies to the airport then I just have two more shifts before five rest days to work on the bike.

I'm hoping (fingers crossed, touch wood, pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.) that I'll be able to all but complete it in that time. I may live to regret saying that!

I'll try and catalogue each step as I go (including cock ups) so you can all learn from my mistakes.

So the journey proper starts here (well, Thursday morning at the latest). I hope you can all bear with me as I inexpertly plot my way through this build.

It should be fun (for you lot at least), wish me luck!

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
I'm still undecided on the bell. I know I should have one, but I just can't bring myself to use them.

I had one in the past (on the bike that was passed on to me by my late step-father and subsequently stolen) and I always felt embarrassed to use it. I don't know why, I just always felt it signified "get out of my way" rather than "excuse me please".

A bell = excuse me.:angel:
An "air zound" 115 decibel air horn = GET OUT OF THE WAY :evil: or :cycle:.

You can guess which one I've got.:whistle:

OP
OP
Serge

Serge

Über Member
Quick dash home from work, pick the car up (I probably should have gone to work in the car and gone straight from there but I didn't want to miss out on a ride) and go and collect the frame.

I'll be back in two shakes of a lamb's tail with some lovely piccys (knowing my luck it'll probably be fluorescent green).

Top Bottom