No Ruddy Idea But Here Goes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have the chain breaker tool and some good quality cable cutters so no worries there.

I've been having a bit of a swot up this morning on fitting the bearings (whilst it's quiet at work) and I don't think it's going to be as tricky as I first thought. I'll be fitting the wheels to the frame and fork first so I can ensure the fork is sitting in the lower bearings properly before tightening, so slight change to the order there.

Good point about the cable outers at the front as I want to be able to attach a bar bag in the future. I love the look of the one made by Restrap. If I cut them long I can always shorten them in the future (a little more tricky the other way around).

It's more the fitting and locating of the races that I'd be worried about.

Translation: Lots of details on how you do it please :laugh:

OP
OP
Serge

Serge

Über Member
If you're obsessing about the colour & pattern of tape then you're obviously very relaxed! ^_^^_^
I think relaxed is a little bit of an overstatement! I think I'm trying to distract myself from the imminent job at hand by only looking at the "Pimp my Ride" parts.

OP
OP
Serge

Serge

Über Member
It's more the fitting and locating of the races that I'd be worried about.

Translation: Lots of details on how you do it please :laugh:
Don't worry, I'm planning on cataloguing every little stage.

My two ladies are jetting off to sunny Malta on Tuesday morning for a week which happily coincides with my four rest days and a bank holiday. So five days of uninterrupted fettling time fuelled by copious quantities of cheap beer and takeaways.

My two ladies are jetting off to sunny Malta on Tuesday morning for a week which happily coincides with my four rest days and a bank holiday. So five days of uninterrupted fettling time fuelled by copious quantities of cheap beer and takeaways.
I bow to the Master Strategist! :laugh:

tom73

Guru

Cheep beer oh no that’s a no , no save it for slugs. Treat yourself some real beer as a reward for a good day’s work.

OP
OP
Serge

Serge

Über Member
Talking of bells, I might get this one:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acor-Alloy...ycle-Bell-for-22-2mm-Handlebars-/141531844703

It could double up as an ashtray.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you want dots & a coloured edge on your bar tape, try Merida Dots :okay:
pl160317_31_1.jpg

Top Bottom