No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
So Djokostrap is being held captive in a quarantine hotel.
Don't the Australians know who he is?
I heard that. "He is being held prisoner" according to his supporters. As far as most people are concerned he is in quarantine. Which is where he should be. It will be a travesty if they do not deport him, when so many other people are trying to get home to see their families.

He's in a quarantine hotel that's also used for immigrants too. Hardly captive as they'll transport him to the airport any time he asks. Otherwise he's in quarantine as is quite right as far as I'm concerned.

Last 3 Trip Advisor reviews of Park Hotel where he resides with 2 Police Officers stationed outside his room. His phone has been taken away. Apparently this not where incoming arrivals are sent for quarantine. Its is now used as a detention centre.

He always had an ego and a point to prove. Most people would prefer taking a return flight.

1641524438518.png

1641524506193.png

1641524540808.png

Drago

Legendary Member
His biggest mistake was boasting about it on social media. Before Djokovic had even stepped foot on the plane the Australian PM was saying "We shall see about that, young feller me lad."

With foresight and planning of that level its good that he went into tennis and not robbing banks.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Last 3 Trip Advisor reviews of Park Hotel where he resides with 2 Police Officers stationed outside his room. His phone has been taken away. Apparently this not where incoming arrivals are sent for quarantine. Its is now used as a detention centre.

He always had an ego and a point to prove. Most people would prefer taking a return flight.

View attachment 625299
View attachment 625302
View attachment 625307
I cannot see what right they have to take his phone away from him. What law is in place for that to happen? He is not under arrest. He is in quarantine.

As tennis player and entertainer, I like him. But he is not exempt from the covid rules set in place .

mustang1

Legendary Member
Does anyone watch "Border Security"? It's a fly on the wall documentary in an Australian airport, featuring Chinese people with bags full of food that is not allowed, and dodgy people having their visas revoked.

Anyway, I'm hoping he will make it into a future episode.
it'll be great if they feature him but don't mention anything about tennis... don't even mention his name. Just call him "someone who thought he could get into the country without being vaccinated." That'll annoy him to no end as he'll realise some media outlets consider him to be a nobody-of-significance.

vickster

Legendary Member
I cannot see what right they have to take his phone away from him. What law is in place for that to happen? He is not under arrest. He is in quarantine.

As tennis player and entertainer, I like him. But he is not exempt from the covid rules set in place .
I think technically he’s not in quarantine as he hasn’t been allowed to enter the country. He’s actually in immigration holding pending an appeal to see if he’ll be deported. He got an exemption from Tennis Australia not the Government so Border Control detained him. Afaik he’s free to leave Australia at any time but decided to appeal (got a good case or just arrogance?)

It's not quarantine. He is in a detention centre. His visa has been revoked. The same practice is applied the World over - UK, US, Europe.

There is a lot of confusion. Temporary detention facilities are available at all International airport which will house you if they can deport you the same day. Your phones are also seized and anything that will cause harm to you. He chose to appeal and like all deportees and refugees he has been moved to longer term detention centre until the appeal is heard. In this case a hotel designated for refugee detention.

He should have left on the next available flight and fought the appeal from home. I think he was trying to make a statement. No doubt encouraged by the father and Serb President.

Serbian President appealed to OZ PM for him to be detained at his rental apartment. They turned it down.

Drago

Legendary Member

He is being detained in quarantine. As far as the law is concerned is not legally present there, hence the detained status. They probably took his belt and shoelaces as well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Eee, all this could have been avoided if he followed the immigration rules for said country. He's cost himself a fair bit, and possibly lost more wonga from the tournament. He's probably got enough dosh anyway.

You'd think his Manager/PR Team would tell him not to be a plonker as this could affect hie earning capacity ?

Unlikely to get permission for detention at his rented apartment as that would need security to be added to ensure the detention. Daft request that's quite rightly refused.

Detention is simply the right action if you have not complied with the visa regulations. That's assuming you're stubborn enough to not take the first available flight out of there.

Let's hope there's no more tennis players over there without complying to visa regulations. However if there are I hope they get detained and given the opportunity to take the next flight out. As the minister said, the border force will even facilitate it! :laugh:

Bloody illegal immigrants! :laugh:

Top Bottom