No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
As he is posting on Instagram and talking to his mother in Serbia. It is evident that the Australian have not confiscated his phone.

As he is posting on Instagram and talking to his mother in Serbia. It is evident that the Australian have not confiscated his phone.
Those in detention are allowed access to phones under monitored conditions to talk to family on a periodic basis. Same all around the World. Instagram post likely from his PR minders who would have access to his account. Detainees are also allowed to communicate with their legal counsels.

See below. Phone and all his possessions taken away at the detention centre.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/06/nova...prisoner-in-a-dirty-hotel-with-bugs-15875438/

vickster

Legendary Member
Apparently his exemption is because he had Covid a month ago. Why not just say that in the first place rather than taking an anti vax stance 🤷‍♀️

My guess is that he will be allowed to play as OZ and UK courts have the similar humanitarian approach. His lawyers will want a full hearing whether tactical or otherwise which will take weeks and months. And they will apply for him to be released and he plays with a negative test. The rest will be moot.

The Federal elections will have to be called by Feb 2022 and elections held by April 2002. And if he plays, the country will punish the Govt for this.

It is interesting that the top two of Tennis Australia - President and CEO are not Australian nationals and only went across after working elsewhere. They probably have insufficient grasp of the OZ sensitive egalitarian psyche. Special treatment are generally frowned upon.

The bod that issued the Federal Visa probably was having a vegemite sandwich at that time and did not realise the consequence. Also explains why a relatively unknown tennis player Renata Vercova was allowed in with the same visa classification some weeks ago with no issues.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Apparently his exemption is because he had Covid a month ago. Why not just say that in the first place rather than taking an anti vax stance 🤷‍♀️
some anti-vaxers seem to believe that having Covid means they don't need the vaccination, thus justifying their anti-vax stance, and whilst this may hold some logic, i'm yet to see any advice stating "Get vaccinated (unless you've had C19, then don't bother)"

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

You can understand that early in pandemic but he’s had a year to get vaccinated. I’m sure he hasn’t had Covid all year.

Drago

Legendary Member
Although the papers are today showing a picture of him at a party with children...taken the day after he claims he tested positive...

He's just digging himself in deeper and deeper. The Oz government have told him he is free to leave the country any time he wants to, and I cant help thinking it would not only be simpler if he did, but it might also stop his reputation unravelling as fib piles upon fib.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Although the papers are today showing a picture of him at a party with children...taken the day after he claims he tested positive...

He's just digging himself in deeper and deeper. The Oz government have told him he is free to leave the country any time he wants to, and I cant help thinking it would not only be simpler if he did, but it might also stop his reputation unravelling as fib piles upon fib.
While I don't know about the party and children I very much agree with the rest of the post.

Djokovic is an individual with enormous wealth and therefore able to employ top quality people to assess the Australian entry requirements. I imagine Djokovic and his advisers knew he was on sticky ground prior to travelling. Basically an arrogant approach presuming his super star status would win the day.

I'm not a big tennis fan but always enjoy watching him play. I won't be bothering to watch Novax again and hope if he doesn't meet UK entry requirements this summer he is not allowed to play at Wimbledon.

MasterDabber

Über Member
He seems to have the same sense of entitlement as a certain "Andrew" we know too well.
I hope the Aussies dig in and bury him.

Apparently he tested positive on 16th Dec but later attended 2 separate officials event in Belgrade where he was presented with newly issued series of stamps honouring him by the country's postal service and another with the President. No mask etc.
I'm not a big tennis fan but always enjoy watching him play. I won't be bothering to watch Novax again and hope if he doesn't meet UK entry requirements this summer he is not allowed to play at Wimbledon.

On a scale of 1 to 10, UK is probably a 9 as one of the easiest country to enter under various guises and when quarantine is required, exemptions are granted to do it anywhere you can afford including a service apartment, your friend's second home etc. All he has to do is turn up. The issue is not the UK Border and never has been. It's Wimbledon who can decide if an unvaccinated player is allowed entry to play or can qualify under a medical exemption.

Oz, NZ and most of the Far East, there is a Police Cordon at the airport. Its all medi-hotels. You are bussed across and met by army and Police at the hotels. You can't pick anything.

DRM

Guru
Is NoVaxx the new Lance??
That was my thoughts too with him not getting the jab, terrified of some adverse reaction, iirc weren't tennis players & Spanish top tier soccer teams embroiled in Operation Puerto & Dr Fuentes? and covered up by the Spanish Authorities,
Edit, From Wikipedia
On 5 July 2006, Fuentes was indignant that only cyclists had been named and said he also worked with tennis and football players.[2] On 27 July 2006, IAAF was assured by Spanish prosecutors that no track and field athletes were involved.[58] On 23 September 2006, former cyclist Jesús Manzano told reporters from France 3that he had seen "well-known footballers" from La Liga visit the offices of Dr Fuentes.[59]

In May 2007 Sepp Blatter, president of FIFA, at a World Anti-Doping Agency meeting in Montreal, was reportedly interested in the contents "of the Puerto file".[60] Le Monde had reported in December 2006 that they had possession of documents of Fuentes detailing "seasonal preparation plans" for Spanish football clubs FC Barcelona and Real Madrid. These plans did not specifically name any players.[61] No other athletes had been named.

Last edited:

matticus

Guru
On a scale of 1 to 10, UK is probably a 9 as one of the easiest country to enter under various guises and when quarantine is required, exemptions are granted to do it anywhere you can afford including a service apartment, your friend's second home etc. All he has to do is turn up. The issue is not the UK Border and never has been. It's Wimbledon who can decide if an unvaccinated player is allowed entry to play or can qualify under a medical exemption
Yes. Consider the relaxed gov view on sport (all those un-jabbed footballers etc).
Plus Wimbledon is in July. I'll be amazed ifany players are refused entry on C***d grounds.

Top Bottom