Non-Desk Jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I do get a lot of free whisky, gin, vodka and lots of other alcoholic drinks because that's what happens in the drinks industry.
Roubaixcube, if you are ever in the area, i'll make sure you won't leave empty handed.^_^
My dad worked at bass , never touched a drop.

gbb

Legendary Member
Thats the bit about my job I really wouldn't miss a bit. I try to be extremely busy whenever one of them comes up - my apologies go more than I do.
Ironically I'm not management and have no desire to be but I stand in for my manager who also hates these things with a vengeance....he's like (I assume) us, rather be doing something constructive. I saymanagement meetings...actually its more CI 'continuous improvement'...if thats still the byeword used now.

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
I love my non desk job.

I work in a golf course and can be doing something different every day. I can be using mowers valued up to £80k, excavators and loaders, down to chainsaws doing various tree work. Basically if it grows we have to look after it. But we also end up helping out in the Marquee they have on site.

This winter I've also been making a bench out of materials that the river has washed up in storm Desmond.

I love the way we can be creative in various aspects using a variety of skills and make the course look really smart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 23

gbb

Legendary Member
And in addition to the infinate amount of tasks that can get thrown at you as a maintenance engineer...yesterday the cleaners approached me...
'Colin, the toilet is blocked again'
3 pans and maybe 100 male workers equals very well used pans, we're always replacing seats, cisterns etc etc.
So I mosied off to the loos, drain rod and rubber end in hand and did the deed....bloody horrible mess it was too xx(:laugh:

But I am no softie...it takes more than that to put me off :boxing:

Freds Dad

Veteran
I worked in the leisure industry, hotel, nightclubs, bars etc until my first child was born. Then spent 16 years at BT, took redundancy in 2009 and have since driven a desk for the NHS.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I used to go on tour with bands for years as a tour manager. It was good fun until bands start acting like babies, venue management and promoters acting like kaarnts, journo's acting as if they were far more important then the bands. Roadcrew not knowing their jobs. But band managers and hanger ons were the worst. Very unsocial, very long hours running around constantly being nursemaid to eveyone and sundry. I gave it up for a desk job years ago and wouldn't change it. Now I sit at my desk listening to and talking about music and films all day whilst drinking copious amounts of tea.

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Hmmm

Marine engineering apprentice, panelbeater, welder, burger flipper, barman, labourer, slaughterman, nightclub manager, postman, stage manager, theatre manager, farmhand, woodcarver, fish factory worker, window cleaner, salesman.

I'm the indecisive sort. :blush:

Drago

Legendary Member
Try this..................

13419065_1140128076026124_8560904949379750869_n.jpg

Having worked as a copper in the control room for a couple of years I can confirm the truth of this. About 1600hrs Friday the phones would start ringing from various Social Services departments and contractors telling about stuff that needed urgent action, but they were going home....

Upon investigating the following Monday they invariably knew about these issues days before the call.

Our PCC threatened to start sending them the bill and the calls did stop for a while, but eventually crept back.

Top Bottom