Non-flappy windproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm looking for a new windproof jacket which doesn't act as a parachute when you go above 15 mph or down fast descents.

I've got a DHB one which does the job on my commutes when I've got my back pack on to stop it flapping. But it's really annoying on my weekened rides.

It doesn't need to be fully waterproof, or expensive.

I've seen a few recommendations for the Montane jacket, but it looks similar to the dhb one and a bit flappy.

I would also like it to pack up nice and small (perhaps in a bag) and fit in a jersey pocket/hang from saddle.

I guess it all depends on your shape, I quite like Montane for fit but other have said theirs are flappy, all I can suggest is try on a few. Although for a better fit I prefer to wear a Gilet and keep the Montane for the rain.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Im too skinny, so pretty much all of the ones i egt flap around:sad:
So i just have it flap around, and go by it gives me good resistance training:laugh:
Or i just put a base layer on underneath and hope i dont get too cold, and just put on the waterproof when i start to get cold.
I would have thought it would be best to go to a cycle shop like Evans(they normaly have a load of waterproofs in) and try them on and see which fits best.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW*-MONTANE-...NG-JACKET_W0QQitemZ250278801545QQcmdZViewItem seems a good price here - might get a new one - proper zip, no road rash tears etc...:sad:

Top Bottom