Obstacle on cycle path...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
For over a week now there has been a slight obstacle on the cycle path on Madingley Hill

E7AB678D-553E-475A-B0BD-8074CEF74B18.jpeg

There is police aware tape on it.
I contacted them on Monday to ask when they could be bothered to move it

‘It’s the councils responsibility ‘

So I did the online form at Cambs CC only to get an email an hour later saying the matter is closed!

It’s still there this morning.

Welcome to Cambridge.

The yoof have started to do their work on it....

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Could you tarmac over the top of it?

D

Deleted member 26715

On their website will be a list of counsellors & their emails, sent them all a group email about their failing system, whoever is not in power will love the opportunity to score points

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Here in Northampton, we have ELVIS. It's a reporting email thingie that works really well. I've got several dumped vehicles removed quite quickly.

Once your obstacle has been torched, they'll move it, probably, but then you'll have broken glass and melted tarmac to traverse..

vickster

Legendary Member
Try again, especially if it's being vandalised. There was a van on a path I use. It had about 20 tfl stickers on it. I reported as a hazard to cyclists and pedestrians as it was a tatty thing with flat tyres, was gone the next time I went that way.

If you get nowhere, contact the transport focused councillor

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Police don't have the power to remove it unless it's obstructing traffic flow or of evidential value.

Are bicycles, tricycles and mobility scooters not traffic?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not good. At least they didn't completely block the whole width, unlike this nobber forcing cyclists, walkers, (mobility scooters, ...) into heavy 40mph oncoming traffic because they apparently simply couldn't be bothered to move their cars further down their driveway:
IMG_20181009_124018.jpg

si_c

Guru
Not good. At least they didn't completely block the whole width, unlike this nobber forcing cyclists, walkers, (mobility scooters, ...) into heavy 40mph oncoming traffic because they apparently simply couldn't be bothered to move their cars further down their driveway:
View attachment 433392
That mini is just asking for someone to scratch a penis into the paintwork on the bonnet.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
View attachment 433392

Again, something else for me to practice on, while pretending to be Danny MacAskill :cycle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Police don't have the power to remove it unless it's obstructing traffic flow or of evidential value. carncil's usually shift 'em, but who knows what the budget is.

I'd wait until it's dark, get a few hefty lads and push it into the road, then the police will move it for you ;)
It is obstructing traffic flow. The traffic in question being pedal cycles.

Top Bottom